22 June 2016

I Need to Explain...

So some of you may have noticed that haven't been around much the past few weeks. This really was not intentional and I'm so annoyed with myself.

annoyed frustrated headache migraine emperors new groove
Source
I was off work for two weeks and I had so many plans to read so much and get so much blogging down. I honestly had hopes of reading at least 6 books during those two weeks of no work. In reality, I read 1 and DNFed 1...

angry frustrated facepalm lilo and stitch stitch
Source
I also just dropped off the face of my blog too. I didn't schedule or write any posts at all. That 1 book I read at the start of my two weeks off work still hasn't been reviewed. I've fallen majorly behind with everything. There are so many review copies that I haven't even looked at.

There are three factors I'm blaming for my lack of reading and blogging:

  1. I hit a bit of a reading slump and just couldn't be bothered to pick up a book. This is probably the major reason, but the other two really didn't help.
  2. I did spend the majority of my first week off visiting various family members that I hadn't seen in a while and also going out for many lunches with both my grannies. Therefore, this took away a lot of possible reading time.
  3. In reality, I met a guy. Simple as that. And we're making a go of it. Yes! I can now say I have a boyfriend! And he is taking up so much of my time. But of course, I don't mind this at all. He's great. And on the plus side, he plays football 4 nights a week so I'm hoping to get caught up with my reading during those nights.
I don't know how quickly I'll get back into the swing of things on the blog so I hope you guys can bare with me over the next few week or months as I adjust slightly.



Follow me via GoodreadsTwitterBloglovinInstagram, and Pinterest.

Feel free to leave a comment.

2 comments:

  1. Hey, no need to apologize!! If blogging or reading is starting to feel like a chore, it's good to take a step back.

    - Lefty @ The Left-Handed Book Lover

    ReplyDelete
  2. Boyfriend...that is so cute!
    Hi Lauren!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...