Skip to main content

Monday Musings (23 March)

MusingMondays5
Musing Mondays is a weekly meme hosted by A Daily Rhythm that asks you to choose one of the following prompts to answer:
  • I’m currently reading…
  • Up next I think I’ll read…
  • I bought the following book(s) in the past week…
  • I’m super excited to tell you about (book/author/bookish-news)…
  • I’m really upset by (book/author/bookish-news)…
  • I can’t wait to get a copy of…
  • I wish I could read ___, but…
  • I blogged about ____ this past week…
We Go Again
I've just finished reading We Go Again by Michael Cargill and my review will be up on Thursday.  I'm currently reading Warm Bodies by Isaac Marion.  Next, I think I'm going to read Anna Dressed in Blood by Kendare Blake.  However, I have a few Goodreads First Reads on the way so if any of them come then I will probably move on to them.

THIS WEEK’S RANDOM QUESTION: What is your favorite lesson learned, or quote, from a recent book you’ve read?

My favourite quote that I have recently read is from Awaken (Abandon #3) by Meg Cabot:

"And this time, when the storm comes, instead of running from it, I'm going to face it head-on.  I hope it's ready for me."
A few of you might recognise this quote from last week's Teaser Tuesday but I think it's just a brilliant quote and it has stuck with me all week.  I think it's a great attitude to have when coping with challenging situations.  It makes me want to face my own challenges head on and I find it really motivating at the moment as I have a few job interviews and there is one that I really really want.




Comments

  1. Great quote. I feel the same way.

    I am jealous of anyone who can manage reading this much on a regular basis. Good for you. Hope you enjoy all your reads.

    http://thebookconnectionccm.blogspot.com/2015/03/musing-mondays-mar-23.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks. I'm just finding myself with a little extra time on my hands just now. I probably won't always be able to read as much.

      Delete
  2. Nice quote!

    http://carabosseslibrary.blogspot.com/2015/03/musing-mondays_23.html

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like that quote, thanks for sharing it. I haven't read anything by Kendare Blake yet, but I do have a hardcover of Mortal Gods sitting on my shelf. If you read Anna Dressed in Blood, I hope you enjoy it. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Just looked up Mortal Gods. It looks amazing - quite different to Anna Dressed in Blood. Might have to put it on the TBR!

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Feature and Follow (29 May)

The Feature & Follow is hosted by TWO hosts, Parajunkee of  Parajunkee’s View  and Alison of  Alison Can Read . Each host will have their own Feature Blog and this way it’ll allow us to show off more new blogs! I'm one of the featured blogs this week! Along with Amanda of  The Darling Bookworm . This week’s Question: How many books have you got on your TBR list? I recently had a bit of a cull of my TBR list so now it is sitting at 269. I'm trying my hardest to get it below 200 by the end of the year but I really don't see it happening. I'd currently be happy if I managed to get it below 225. However, I did recently have a look through my TBR on Goodreads and deleted a few books that I don't think I will actually ever read - I'm not even to sure how they got there anyway. Follow me via  Goodreads ,  Facebook ,  Bloglovin  and  Pinterest  and also via email to myexpandingbookshelf@gmail.com.  Feel free to leave a comment.

Book Beginnings, The Friday 56 and Feature and Follow (3 April)

Book Beginnings is a meme hosted every Friday by  Rose City Reader  where you share the first sentence (or so) of the book you are reading, along with your initial thoughts about the sentence, impressions of the book, or anything else the opener inspires.  Please remember to include the title of the book and the author’s name.

Top Ten Tuesday: Books I Wouldn't Mind Santa Leaving Me

Top Ten Tuesday is a weekly meme hosted by  The Broke and The Bookish . This week's topic is ten books I wouldn't mind Santa leaving under my tree.