Skip to main content

Book Beginnings, The Friday 56 and Feature and Follow (5 June)

Book Beginnings is a meme hosted every Friday by Rose City Reader where you share the first sentence (or so) of the book you are reading, along with your initial thoughts about the sentence, impressions of the book, or anything else the opener inspires.  Please remember to include the title of the book and the author’s name.
The Other MeMy Book Beginning is from The Other Me by Saskia Sarginson:
"I have no experience of killing anything. I take extra-long strides or sudden little hops to avoid stepping on insects that cross my path."

The Friday 56 is a meme hosted every Friday by Freda's Voice.
The Rules:
*Grab a book, any book.
*Turn to page 56 or 56% in your eReader (If you have to improvise, that's ok.)
*Find any sentence, (or few, just don't spoil it)
*Post it.
*Add your (url) post below in Linky. Add the post url, not your blog url.
*It's that simple.

My Friday 56 is from The Other Me by Saskia Sarginson:
"Minutes later there was an explosion. A single crack: shacking in the suburban air, making every bird in the garden swoop high on beating wings."

Increase Blog Followers
The Feature & Follow is hosted by TWO hosts, Parajunkee of Parajunkee’s View and Alison of Alison Can Read. Each host will have their own Feature Blog and this way it’ll allow us to show off more new blogs!

The featured blog this week is The Darling Bookworm.

bloglovinGFCThis week’s Question:
How would you pitch to the biz to make your favorite book into a movie?

I have no idea... Probably just extreme fangirl and completely terrify them.


On another note, head over to my review of Taylor Dawn's Saving London where I also have a giveaway to win an ebook copy of Saving London.

 Follow me via Goodreads, Facebook, Bloglovin and Pinterest (though I’m not very good at using it) and also via email to myexpandingbookshelf@gmail.com. 



Feel free to leave a comment.

Comments

  1. I'd be doing a lot of fangirling too. It'd be extremely embarrassing. Old follower!
    Lizzie @ lizziethesarcasticblonde.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes I know! I freak myself out sometimes.

      Delete
  2. It would be hilarious to see a group fangirling to a movie producer. They'd be so terrified they'd probably just give in.

    Check out my FF!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha! This conjures up so many hilarious images in my head.

      Delete
  3. Great answer- same here. I would be a rambling, incoherent mess.
    Olivia @ Fluttering Pages

    ReplyDelete
  4. I do that too, unless it's a spider, and then all bets are off. LOL Such a lovely cover:)
    My 56 - http://fuonlyknew.com/2015/06/05/the-friday-56-64-hexed/

    ReplyDelete
  5. Is she Buddhist? Great 56, I'm so teased!
    Happy weekend!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm not sure, I don't think so... I've not actually got to far into it yet, life caught up with me :(

      Delete
  6. great cover!

    New follower via GFC. Here's my FF: http://girlandherbible.blogspot.com/2015/06/ff-follow-friday-june-12-2015.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, it's beautiful! Thanks for following :)

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

The Sunday Post (23 January 2022)

            The Sunday Post is a weekly meme hosted by Kimberly of  Caffeinated Reviewer . It’s a chance to share news. A post to recap the past week on your blog and showcase books and things we have received. Share news about what is coming up on our blog for the week ahead.

Top Ten Tuesday: Books I'd Give to Someone That Doesn't Like Reading (2 November 2021)

                  Top Ten Tuesday is a weekly meme hosted by  That Artsy Reader Girl . This week's topic is books I'd give to someone that doesn't like reading. It's a very short list this week but I'm basing it off my sister-in-law who doesn't read much but these are books she enjoyed.

Discussion: The Problem With My Local Library

I used to use my local library all the time when I was in school.  Source I even spent every lunchtime in my school's library. My friends and I were pupil librarians and we practically had the run of the whole library. And then, when I started University, the only library I had time for was the University library. And that wasn't an enjoyable experience. However, last summer I started going to my local library again. (I then had to stop again when I got my job.) And unfortunately, I was pretty disappointed.  Source The availability sucks. I can deal with books I want that are already out on loan. It's the complete lack of decent books the library has on its system that gets to me. All those months I went to the library last year and I never left with a book that was already on my TBR. I walked around that place looking at my Goodreads trying to find any book on that list. And I couldn't find any at all (except for the Classics). To be honest, I ...