Skip to main content

Top Ten Tuesday: Reasons I Love My Local Waterstones


Top Ten Tuesday is a weekly meme hosted by The Broke and The Bookish. This week's topic is ten reasons I love X. I've decided to go with the ten reasons I love my local Waterstones. (Other bookshops are available...)

  1. It's easy walking distance so I can go there during my lunch hour.
  2. The staff are all super friendly and recognise me...
  3. ...and following on, the staff also give great recommendations.
  4. I can find so many hidden treasures.
  5. I can spend hours walking around in circles.
  6. If a book isn't in stock, I can order it in and collect it instore (no postage fees!).
  7. It's the only bookshop within a 15 mile radius of my house (that I know about anyway...)
  8. There is a Costa so it always smells like coffee...
  9. ...and I can get lunch and read at the same time
  10. The Costa staff now know my order!

Follow me via Goodreads, Twitter, Bloglovin, Instagram, and Pinterest.

Feel free to leave a comment.

Comments

  1. It's so nice to have a book store close AND have them know your preferences and be so helpful. I wish I had something close like that :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Omg that sounds AMAZING. :D I live in a town with one tiny bookstore and it has a terrible selection. XD hehe, Plus the prices are awful so I almost always just order online. But it would be aaaamazing to have such an epic (nice coffee smelling!) bookstore so close by. :D
    Here's my TTT!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my gosh, I feel like crying?? I studied abroad in London last year and I went to the waterstone's near my housing so much!! I miss it :(
    here's my TTT!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love my local Waterstones so much! Admittedly, I live in a tiny village, so I have to get the bus to the town closest to us in order to go there, but all the other things I can totally relate to.
    My TTT: https://jjbookblog.wordpress.com/2016/06/07/top-ten-tuesday-60/

    ReplyDelete
  5. Now I'm really sad because I don't have a Waterstones anywhere near me (that I know of). The only bookstore near me is Barnes and Noble, which is okay. But I would love to have a bookstore like Waterstones near me.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'd like to go to Waterstones some day if I ever am in England. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. LOL I love that the Costa staff and the Waterstones staff now know you well enough to help you both with your lunch and your books, Lauren :)
    I hope you're having a fantastic week.
    Lexxie @ (un)Conventional Bookviews

    ReplyDelete
  8. I can't comment on Waterstones & Costa, since we don't have those here, but I love wandering around and around and around in a bookstore

    My TTT list

    ReplyDelete
  9. local book stores are the best! :) My TTT

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Book Beginnings, The Friday 56 and Feature and Follow (10 April)

Book Beginnings is a meme hosted every Friday by  Rose City Reader  where you share the first sentence (or so) of the book you are reading, along with your initial thoughts about the sentence, impressions of the book, or anything else the opener inspires.  Please remember to include the title of the book and the author’s name.

Top Ten Tuesdays: Summer Reads

Top Ten Tuesday is a weekly meme hosted by  The Broke and The Bookish . This week's topic is top ten great beach/summer reads. I will read anything at any time of the year and I haven't been near a beach in six years so I'm just going to make a top ten of books I plan to read in the next month or so. Of course, there is a high probability that his may change slightly.

Top Ten Tuesday: Books I'd Give to Someone That Doesn't Like Reading (2 November 2021)

                  Top Ten Tuesday is a weekly meme hosted by  That Artsy Reader Girl . This week's topic is books I'd give to someone that doesn't like reading. It's a very short list this week but I'm basing it off my sister-in-law who doesn't read much but these are books she enjoyed.