Skip to main content

The Sunday Post (15 August 2021)

      

The Sunday Post is a weekly meme hosted by Kimberly of Caffeinated Reviewer. It’s a chance to share news. A post to recap the past week on your blog and showcase books and things we have received. Share news about what is coming up on our blog for the week ahead.

So this week was my birthday week. I'm now into my final year of being in my 20s. It was a pretty quiet birthday, I spent a lot of the day alternating between reading, housework and going to my brothers for dinner (he makes brilliant macaroni cheese!). The housework on my birthday may sound a bit sad but it actually makes me feel so content. 
I also took the dog to the vet the same day. Nothing serious, she just needed her claws cut and as she doesn't like people holding her paws and I live alone, it's easier to go to the vet so I can keep her calm while the vet nurse does the work. I did however book her in for some dental work this coming week. My dog is almost 9 years old, but one of her baby canines never fell out when it was supposed to so it's still sitting behind her adult canine. It's never bothered her so far, but there are some signs of decay in the baby tooth so we agreed it would be easier to get it removed now rather than face problems later on.
The second half of the week I was on annual leave from work, so I managed to fit in some time to visit my auntie and my baby cousins. And got roped into helping clear out the elder baby cousin's toys and swap bedrooms. It was so nice having a proper catch-up though as it's been a while with everything going on in the world. 
Then on Saturday, I took a trip to my local Waterstones for a coffee and cake and treated myself to some new books using some birthday money. This week's book haul is definitely a bumper one and I'm going to need to be really strict with myself about actually getting round to reading them! 

Last Week on the Blog

This Week on the Blog

Bout of Books posts all week

What I Read Last Week

Currently Reading

What I Plan to Read This Week

 I'm participating in Bout of Books so I'll be working my way through books on my readathon TBR.

Book Haul

Currently Watching

Whilst having a clear-out I found an old DVD of The Crocodile Hunter: Collison Course so of course I had to stick it on in the background. Not the best movie ever made, but it made me so nostalgic for all the old Steve Irwin TV shows I used to watch as a child.

Currently Listening To

I've been listening to Hamilton (again) in my car all week.


Follow me via GoodreadsTwitterBloglovinInstagram and Email.


Feel free to leave a comment.

Comments

  1. Happy birthday!! I hope you had a beautiful day, and I do recognise the contentedness behind doing normal things and looking after your own space, even on your birthday! I'm hitting the end of my 20's as well :D You have an amazing collection of books there, great way to treat yourself. I still haven't read The Testaments and The Vanishing Half but hope to get around to it before the year ends. I hope you have a lovely week :)
    Juli @ A Universe in Words

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! It was such a nice easy going day. I think I'm past that stage in my life where I always wanted to spend the day with friends (who would always bail out anyway). I'm hoping to get to both The Testaments and The Vanishing Half by the end of the year too. Fingers crossed we both manage!

      Delete
  2. Very good variety of books! Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I can't wait to get into them all!

      Delete
  3. Happy birthday!! Sounds like you had a nice week, overall. And what a lovely stack you have there. I should really go add The Testaments to my wishlist, I love Handmaid's Tale, it's so good.. and chilling, of course.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I had a really nice week! I read The Handmaid's Tale a few weeks back and just had to buy a physical copy. Hopefully I'll read The Testaments soon!

      Delete
  4. oh yay for a birthday week!! Sometimes just doing some routine house work is rejuvenating even on the birthday. And love some Hamilton listening.

    Hope you have a lovely week.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I honestly think housework is a form of self care haha! Definitely can't beat some Hamilton either.

      Delete
  5. Happy Birthday! I JUST finished Where the Crawdads Sing and it was so good. One of my top reads for 2021. Have a nice week.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! Glad to hear you enjoyed Where the Crawdads Sing. The lady in Waterstones spoke highly of it too so think I'll need to bump it up the TBR a bit.

      Delete
  6. Happy belated birthday! I love the Crocodile Hunter. And the Hamilton music soundtrack! I need to read The Handmaid's Tale. I tried listening to the audiobook, but it didn't really grab me, it seems like one I need to actually read instead of listen to. Thanks for visiting my post at Lisa Loves Literature earlier!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I definitely recommend The Handmaid's Tale. I liked it so much I had to buy a physical copy.

      Delete
  7. Happy birthday! And great book haul.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Happy birthday! Glad you got to spend it in ways that made you happy. And that you got to buy books, of course. :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! It's been such a long time since I've had such a bumper haul, but if you can't treat yourself on your birthday when can you!

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Feature and Follow (29 May)

The Feature & Follow is hosted by TWO hosts, Parajunkee of  Parajunkee’s View  and Alison of  Alison Can Read . Each host will have their own Feature Blog and this way it’ll allow us to show off more new blogs! I'm one of the featured blogs this week! Along with Amanda of  The Darling Bookworm . This week’s Question: How many books have you got on your TBR list? I recently had a bit of a cull of my TBR list so now it is sitting at 269. I'm trying my hardest to get it below 200 by the end of the year but I really don't see it happening. I'd currently be happy if I managed to get it below 225. However, I did recently have a look through my TBR on Goodreads and deleted a few books that I don't think I will actually ever read - I'm not even to sure how they got there anyway. Follow me via  Goodreads ,  Facebook ,  Bloglovin  and  Pinterest  and also via email to myexpandingbookshelf@gmail.com.  Feel free to leave a comment.

Book Beginnings, The Friday 56 and Feature and Follow (3 April)

Book Beginnings is a meme hosted every Friday by  Rose City Reader  where you share the first sentence (or so) of the book you are reading, along with your initial thoughts about the sentence, impressions of the book, or anything else the opener inspires.  Please remember to include the title of the book and the author’s name.

Top Ten Tuesday: Books I Wouldn't Mind Santa Leaving Me

Top Ten Tuesday is a weekly meme hosted by  The Broke and The Bookish . This week's topic is ten books I wouldn't mind Santa leaving under my tree.