Skip to main content

The Get to Know Me Tag

I've seen this tag around a few times recently, including on You, Me and a Cup of Tea and The Quiet People, and I've been meaning to complete it for ages so I thought now is as good a time as any. I've been blogging over a year now and thought this would be a great way for you guys to get to know me a bit better of course.


Vital Stats

Name - Lauren
Nicknames - Laur, Laurie-Lou, Little Lauren,
Birthplace - Scotland
Star Sign - Leo
Occupation - Directorate Assistant in a University

Appearance

Hair Colour - Dark brown
Hair Length - Just below shoulders
Eye Colour - Brown and grey - I know it's rather weird, they just fade from brown to grey the further from my iris
Best feature - I don't know...
Braces - Between the ages of 13 and 16. A horrible time actually.
Piercings - Just plain old ears.
Tattoos - None, I'm terrified of needles. I would love to have the balls to get one, though.
Right or left - Right handed. But give me a knife and I will use my left hand. My brother's the same and it really annoys our mum for some reason.

Firsts

Best friend - Her name was Natasha and we went through Primary School together but lost touch when we were put in separate classes in High School. 
Award - A wee plastic thing from when I briefly took dance classes when I was 7.
Sport - As above. I'm not a sporty person in general, but I did try a fair few different ones back in the day.
Real holiday - Tenerife when I was 3. I actually vaguely remember there being an octopus shaped waterpark...
Concert - Busted when I was 11 with my mum and brother.

Favourites

Film - The Princess BrideDirty Dancing, Pocahontas... I could go on, it depends on what mood I'm in really.
The Princess Bride PosterDirty Dancing PosterPocahontas Poster
TV Show - I don't watch too much TV, but I do love Sherlock and Game of Thrones. Oh... and I never miss an episode of Strictly Come Dancing...
Sherlock PosterGame of Thrones PosterStrictly Come Dancing Poster
Colour - Green and Orange... the brighter the better and together
Song - This can change regularly, but Can't Help Falling in Love by Elvis Presley is always up there somewhere. But I currently can't get enough of Hair by Little Mix at the moment
Restaurant - I don't eat out often, but I do like Cosmo. Also, does Costa count as a restaurant... I'm in there at least twice a week....
Shop - Waterstones... duh...
Books - The Princess BrideWuthering Heights, Jurassic Park... too many to mention really...
The Princess BrideWuthering HeightsJurassic Park
Shoes - My sparkly gold heels... It's really hard to find somewhere suitable to where them, though. I mean I can't go rocking into the office wearing them that's for sure.

Currently

Feeling - Bored, tired
Single or taken - Taken
Eating - Jelly Belly jelly beans
Thinking - I should probably tidy my room...
Watching - Nothing... I've spent most of the night reading
Wearing - My pyjamas

Future

Want children? - Definitely, I'll be waiting quite a while, though.
Want to be married? - Yup.
Careers in mind - I'm good where I am just now. I would like to work in animal conservation, though.
Where you want to live - Somewhere warm, and in my own place.

Do you believe in...

God? - Nope
Miracles? - Depends on the situation
Love at first sight? - If it happens, it happens...
Ghosts? - Nope
Aliens? - Nope
Soulmates? - I'd like to think there's someone for everyone.
Heaven? - When I think of loved ones, yeah. But really, nope.
Hell? - Yes, it's called exams! But really, nope.
Kissing on the first date? - Nope
Yourself? - I'd like to think so.

Now, I'm not going to tag anyone but if you fancy giving it ago then feel free.


Follow me via GoodreadsFacebookTwitterBloglovin and Pinterest.

Feel free to leave a comment.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Feature and Follow (29 May)

The Feature & Follow is hosted by TWO hosts, Parajunkee of  Parajunkee’s View  and Alison of  Alison Can Read . Each host will have their own Feature Blog and this way it’ll allow us to show off more new blogs! I'm one of the featured blogs this week! Along with Amanda of  The Darling Bookworm . This week’s Question: How many books have you got on your TBR list? I recently had a bit of a cull of my TBR list so now it is sitting at 269. I'm trying my hardest to get it below 200 by the end of the year but I really don't see it happening. I'd currently be happy if I managed to get it below 225. However, I did recently have a look through my TBR on Goodreads and deleted a few books that I don't think I will actually ever read - I'm not even to sure how they got there anyway. Follow me via  Goodreads ,  Facebook ,  Bloglovin  and  Pinterest  and also via email to myexpandingbookshelf@gmail.com.  Feel free to leave a comment.

Top Ten Tuesday: Books I Wouldn't Mind Santa Leaving Me

Top Ten Tuesday is a weekly meme hosted by  The Broke and The Bookish . This week's topic is ten books I wouldn't mind Santa leaving under my tree.

Book Beginnings, The Friday 56 and Feature and Follow (3 April)

Book Beginnings is a meme hosted every Friday by  Rose City Reader  where you share the first sentence (or so) of the book you are reading, along with your initial thoughts about the sentence, impressions of the book, or anything else the opener inspires.  Please remember to include the title of the book and the author’s name.