Skip to main content

The Sunday Post (16 October)


The Sunday Post is a weekly meme hosted by Kimberly of Caffeinated Book Reviewer. It’s a chance to share news. A post to recap the past week on your blog and showcase books and things we have received. Share news about what is coming up on our blog for the week ahead.

So this week didn't start off to great as I was ill with one of those 24-hour bugs. Of course, that meant an extra day off work so I was productive and read. 

However, my week got better and on Tuesday I was back at work after my week off. And boy was I thrown back in the deep end or what. It was like everything that could have gone wrong did go wrong. But, on Tuesday night I did go round to my brother's house for a cuppy with my sister-in-law. It was a nice wee catch-up, because since they moved out it's been weird not seeing them every day.

On Wednesday, I went to The Enchanted Forest with my mum and a few friends. The Enchanted Forest is an outdoor light show in the middle of Faskally Wood near Pitlochry, in Perthshire. It was amazing! Just so beautiful! Unfortunately, I've not had time to put my photos onto the computer so I can't show you a couple yet.

The rest of the week was pretty quiet so I managed to get a bit of reading done. I also visited my brother and sister-in-law on Saturday night and drank some wine which resulted in us buying tickets to see Busted in February!

Last Week on the Blog


This Week on the Blog

Monday - DNF Review: Get Back, Imagine... Saving John Lennon, Donovan Day
Tuesday - Top Ten Tuesday: Character's I'd Name a Child After
Thursday - Book Review: The Shining Girls, Lauren Beukes

Around the Blogosphere

Ashleigh @ A Frolic Through Fiction asks Is the Average Book Size Getting Bigger?
Jenna @ Happy Indulgence explains Why She Reads Historical Fiction.
Catia @ The Girl Who Read Too Much provides A Bookworm's Guide to Avoid Spoilers.
Tracy @ Cornerfolds discusses Women vs Men in YA Fiction.

What I Read Last Week

Our ZooThe Strange Case of Dr. Jekyll and Mr. Hyde

Currently Reading

A Little PrincessThe Shining Girls

What I Plan to Read This Week

Can't Lose YouUnnatural Deeds

Book Haul


Follow me via GoodreadsTwitterBloglovinInstagram and Pinterest.

Feel free to leave a comment.

Comments

  1. Ugh, sick is no fun. Neither is going back to work and getting swamped- but sounds like your week was pretty good other than that. :) The Enchanted Forest sounds great! And Unnatural Deeds looks interesting.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The Enchanted Forest was amazing! Can't wait to go back next year.

      Delete
  2. A DNF review seems like it would be tough to write! The Enchanted forest sounds so cool! Happy reading and have a great week! :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is tough to write, but it's also a very short review so it doesn't take too long thankfully. The Enchanted Forest is amazing! I'm currently recommending it to everyone I speak to.

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Feature and Follow (29 May)

The Feature & Follow is hosted by TWO hosts, Parajunkee of  Parajunkee’s View  and Alison of  Alison Can Read . Each host will have their own Feature Blog and this way it’ll allow us to show off more new blogs! I'm one of the featured blogs this week! Along with Amanda of  The Darling Bookworm . This week’s Question: How many books have you got on your TBR list? I recently had a bit of a cull of my TBR list so now it is sitting at 269. I'm trying my hardest to get it below 200 by the end of the year but I really don't see it happening. I'd currently be happy if I managed to get it below 225. However, I did recently have a look through my TBR on Goodreads and deleted a few books that I don't think I will actually ever read - I'm not even to sure how they got there anyway. Follow me via  Goodreads ,  Facebook ,  Bloglovin  and  Pinterest  and also via email to myexpandingbookshelf@gmail.com.  Feel free to leave a comment.

Top Ten Tuesday: Books I Wouldn't Mind Santa Leaving Me

Top Ten Tuesday is a weekly meme hosted by  The Broke and The Bookish . This week's topic is ten books I wouldn't mind Santa leaving under my tree.

Book Beginnings, The Friday 56 and Feature and Follow (3 April)

Book Beginnings is a meme hosted every Friday by  Rose City Reader  where you share the first sentence (or so) of the book you are reading, along with your initial thoughts about the sentence, impressions of the book, or anything else the opener inspires.  Please remember to include the title of the book and the author’s name.