I used to use my local library all the time when I was in school. Source I even spent every lunchtime in my school's library. My friends and I were pupil librarians and we practically had the run of the whole library. And then, when I started University, the only library I had time for was the University library. And that wasn't an enjoyable experience. However, last summer I started going to my local library again. (I then had to stop again when I got my job.) And unfortunately, I was pretty disappointed. Source The availability sucks. I can deal with books I want that are already out on loan. It's the complete lack of decent books the library has on its system that gets to me. All those months I went to the library last year and I never left with a book that was already on my TBR. I walked around that place looking at my Goodreads trying to find any book on that list. And I couldn't find any at all (except for the Classics). To be honest, I ...
Cool picks! The only one I've read is Did I Mention I Love You? and I liked it, in spite of the whole stepbrother thing :)
ReplyDeleteThanks for visiting! I'm glad you enjoyed Did I Mention I Love You? and I agree the stepbrother thing is a bit weird.
DeleteRed Queen looks good, I've been very curious and I have to say that cover is pretty good!
ReplyDeleteI would definitely recommend Red Queen. I couldn't put it down!
DeleteThe Mortal Instruments and Red Queen are on my reading list based on lots of blogger recs.
ReplyDeleteMy TTT
That's great to hear! I hope you enjoy them both!
DeleteI'm reading The Duff soon for a challenge and I can't wait to see how it compares to the movie which I really enjoyed. :)
ReplyDeleteCheck out my TTT.
I really hope you enjoy The Duff. I haven't watched the movie yet but I definitely plan to.
DeleteGreat list! I didn't do TTT this week, but I think practically every book I read nowadays is because someone on a blog somewhere brought it to my attention! :-)
ReplyDeleteNicole @ Feed Your Fiction Addiction
Thanks! I think I'll soon be at that point too! haha!
DeleteI definitely read My Life Nextdoor and Red Queen because of the hype around them too haha. Thanks for sharing and, as always, fabulous choices! <3
ReplyDelete~ Zoe @ Stories on Stage
I think it was hard not to read them!
DeleteQuite a few of these are on my TBR because of the blogosphere too- but I haven't read them yet! I need to read Red Queen, My Life Next Door, and DIMILY. I liked City of Bones, but was kind of bored by the end of the series, and I read most of them pre-blogging hahha. I am on the fence about reading The Selection and The DUFF, but DO feel the blogosphere pressure ;) Great list!
ReplyDeleteHaha! I think we're all in the same boat nearly! So many books on TBRs in common this week.
Delete