Skip to main content

The Sunday Post (13 November)


The Sunday Post is a weekly meme hosted by Kimberly of Caffeinated Book Reviewer. It’s a chance to share news. A post to recap the past week on your blog and showcase books and things we have received. Share news about what is coming up on our blog for the week ahead.

So it was the American Presidential Election this week... all I'm going to say is that I'm in a state of disbelief. Period.

Anyway on to happier news... We had visitors all the way from Australia on Wednesday night. They're old friends of my parents and they were home for a family wedding so, of course, they popped in to see how we were all doing. It was a great catch-up as we haven't seen them in over 3 years. And to save my mum from cooking, we treated ourselves to Chinese takeaway on a weeknight!

And then on Friday, I had a wine night with my sister-in-law and one of our closest friends. It was a great wee catch-up where we cleaned off three bottles of wine and watched the McBusted Tour DVD from a few years back.

Last Week on the Blog


This Week on the Blog

Monday - Book Review: The Rose Petal Beach, Dorothy Koomson
Tuesday - Top Ten Tuesday: All-Time Favourite Movies
Thursday - ARC Review: Battle for Cymmera (Kingdom of Cymmera #3), Dani-Lyn Alexander

Around the Blogosphere

Ashleigh @ A Frolic Through Fiction discusses The stages of our reading lives – your reading story.
Jeann @ Happy Indulgence disusses Why We Need Culturally Diverse Books.

What I Read Last Week

Battle for CymmeraPivotal Moments (In Time, #1)Macbeth

Currently Reading

Anna KareninaCarry On

What I Plan to Read This Week

Did I Mention I Miss You? (The DIMILY Trilogy, #3)The Most Wonderful Time of The Year

Book Haul

Nothing this week! Which is great cause I'm really trying to work on my Netgalley ratio.


Follow me via GoodreadsTwitterBloglovinInstagram and Pinterest.

Feel free to leave a comment.

Comments

  1. I used to be a big fan of Chinese curries (especially prawn!0 because it was mild and tasty, but all the local takeaways seem determined to make those curries so hot that I can't eat them! *grumps* Yeah a lot of people were surprised by the election result...guess we'll just have to wait and see how it plays out now. The UK really need a good relationship with Trump to get trade deals so I hope he does a good job.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww! That sucks that the takeaways are all to hot for you now! I was definitely surprised by the election result and I'm just going to keep watching through my fingers now I think.

      Delete
  2. How's Anna Karenina going? I loved the book myself. I spent the majority disliking one character or another, but it was crafty, because just when I thought I had my mind made up, they won me over, and I would go on to disliking someone else. Anna though... Just wow!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Anna Karenina is definitely interesting to say the least! I'm not too far into it yet (only about 11% I think) because I'm only listening to it on the commute to work. I'm so glad I've taken the plunge with it though!

      Delete
  3. I've loved seeing how stunned everyone in the community has been with the election results...and encouraged by the feeling of support.

    I guess we'll all have to wait and see, but I'm not holding my breath.

    Enjoy your week, and it's been a long time since I read Anna Karenina. Loved it back then....

    Here are MY WEEKLY UPDATES

    ReplyDelete
  4. I loved Anna Karenina and have reread it a couple of times. Hope you are enjoying it too.
    sherry @ fundinmental My Sunday Memes

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah I'm liking it so far, but I'm not too far into it yet. I am finding all the names a bit confusing though.

      Delete
  5. It sounds like you had a good week! I haven't had chinese take out in a long time but I've been craving some for a while now. I ended up cancelling my preorder for Fantastic Beasts but I plan to get it later on. Will you be reviewing it?

    Tina @ As Told By Tina

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh I definitely think you should feed that craving! I think I will be reviewing Fantastic Beasts at some point, it all depends when I can read it though.

      Delete
  6. Looks like you had a pretty awesome week overall, and read/are planning on reading several awesome-sounding books! Here's hoping you enjoy the books in your very near future!

    Here's my Sunday Post, if you're interested in checking it out. No pressure or worries if you're not, though! Happy Sunday, and happy book-ing to you in the coming future! <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah it was a good week! I'm managing to read such a variety of books just now which is great.

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Feature and Follow (29 May)

The Feature & Follow is hosted by TWO hosts, Parajunkee of  Parajunkee’s View  and Alison of  Alison Can Read . Each host will have their own Feature Blog and this way it’ll allow us to show off more new blogs! I'm one of the featured blogs this week! Along with Amanda of  The Darling Bookworm . This week’s Question: How many books have you got on your TBR list? I recently had a bit of a cull of my TBR list so now it is sitting at 269. I'm trying my hardest to get it below 200 by the end of the year but I really don't see it happening. I'd currently be happy if I managed to get it below 225. However, I did recently have a look through my TBR on Goodreads and deleted a few books that I don't think I will actually ever read - I'm not even to sure how they got there anyway. Follow me via  Goodreads ,  Facebook ,  Bloglovin  and  Pinterest  and also via email to myexpandingbookshelf@gmail.com.  Feel free to leave a comment.

Top Ten Tuesday: Ten Books Recently Added to My TBR

Top Ten Tuesday is a weekly meme hosted by  The Broke and The Bookish . This week's topic is ten books I've recently added to my TBR.

Top Ten Tuesday: Unread 2016 Releases

Top Ten Tuesday is a weekly meme hosted by  The Broke and The Bookish . This week's topic is my ten 2016 releases I meant to read but didn't get to.