Skip to main content

2022 Reading Wrap Up

I had such an excellent reading year in 2022! I wasn't sure about my reading towards the second half, but the first few months of 2022 I was reading non-stop. I use Book Roast's CAWPILE spreadsheet to track my reading so all graphs below are pulled from there.

Books Read

I read a total of 74 books and 22,171 pages (plus 51 audiobook hours). This is an average of 6.2 books and 1,847.6 pages a month (and 4.25 hours). I am so surprised by these numbers as there were months where I felt I was reading nothing.

Average Rating

I've had such a good year in terms of my ratings. Almost half of the books I read were either 4.5 or 5 star so I definitely feel like I know what I like. Although I also think I'm getting more lenient as in my initial blogging years I was quite strict. My average rating was 3.97. 

Most Read Source

Almost 70% of the books I read this year were already owned or I bought for myself which is great as I've been aiming to reduce the number of unread books I own. However, I didn't read as many ARCs this year (only 5) and I really need to get my Netgalley rating up. I've started dipping my toe into listening to audiobooks, but it's hard finding ones that I don't zone out of and want to keep picking up.

Most Read Format

Over 80% of the books I read were physical copies which makes sense. Only 10 e-books were read which is a bit sad as my Kindle was new in Aug 2021 so I really should use it more.

Number of Re-Reads

So as expected most of my reads were first-time reads, however, almost 20% re-reads is pretty damn good considering I went into 2022 wanting to re-read a bunch of childhood favourites.

Series Versus Standalone

Bang on 50:50 ratio. Completely unintentional. I don't think I could do this again if I tried.

Most Read Genre

This one is a bit busy as I read 14 different genres in 2022. No surprise that the biggest chunk is Fantasy though, but I think I'd like to have a more even spread of genres.

Average Book Length

Looks like I've been sitting firmly between 300 and 400 pages in 2022. I do have a few chunky Fantasy and Classics on my TBR that I have been avoiding so maybe 2023 is the year.

Most Read Age Range

Similar to last year, almost 2/3s of books read were Adult with the majority of the rest being YA. No surprises at all here. 

Author Nationality

The majority of author nationalities read this year were either American at 38.5% then English at 32.1%.I'm glad I have managed to get a few more nationalities in, but I can do so much better here.

Favourite read

The Heartstopper series. I absolutely adored them and they had me in a chokehold. I also found them inspiring and they really helped me come to a few realisations myself.

Worst read

Mr Toppit, Sea of Tranquility, You Love Me, Sense and Second-Degree Murder were all DNFs, but my lowest-rated finished book was The Eve of St Agnes. It was only 50 pages so I felt I had to finish it, but I just didn't care.

Follow me via GoodreadsTwitterBloglovinInstagram and Email.

Feel free to leave a comment.

Comments

  1. The Heartstopper series is on my list to read in 2023. You sure had an amazing year!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Top Ten Tuesday: Ten Books Recently Added to My TBR

Top Ten Tuesday is a weekly meme hosted by  The Broke and The Bookish . This week's topic is ten books I've recently added to my TBR.

Top Ten Tuesday: Underrated Books

Top Ten Tuesday is a weekly meme hosted by  The Broke and The Bookish . This week's topic is ten underrated books I've read over the past two years.

Top Ten Tuesday: Series I NEED to Finish

Top Ten Tuesday is a weekly meme hosted by  The Broke and The Bookish . This week's topic is a freebie. So, looking at the past topics, I have decided to go for Top Ten Series I NEED to Finish.