Skip to main content

2023 Reading Goals

So it's that time of year when I start thinking about my goals and once again I don't want to put too much pressure on myself. Particularly as I spent a good portion of last year not being in the right headspace to read or blog. These are goals that I'm going to treat more as a nice to do rather than I must complete them... 

  • Read 52 books - One a week, I think I should manage this just fine as even with the set backs of last year I managed to smash this
  • Try to read at least one chapter a day - This is definitely more of an aim. I had some success with this last year, but I want to get back in the habit of reading on the bus to work and reading in bed before work on my WFH days.
  • Focus on finishing (or catching up on) the following series/duologies, rather than start new ones:
    • The Nevernight Trilogy, Jay Kristoff (Read the 1st)
    • Percy Jackson and the Olympians, Rick Riordan (Read the first 3)
    • Monsters of Verity, V E Schwab (Read the 1st)
    • ACOTAR, Sarah J Maas (re-read the first then read the rest)
    • The Lorien Legacies, Pittacus Lore (Read the first 2)
    • The Hunger Games, Suzanne Collins (Re-read the first 2, last book to re-read and prequel to read)
    • His Dark Materials, Philip Pullman (re-read the first 2, last book still to re-read)
  • Don't buy more books than I read each month - This is the same as last year and using my reading journal I did have some success so I'm just going to carry on with it.
  • Try to read at least one book each month that I haul that month - This is more to make sure that I try and be a bit more selective of the books I buy and only buy if I want to start reading it straight away.

Follow me via GoodreadsTwitterBloglovinInstagram and Email.

Feel free to leave a comment.

Comments

  1. These are all such sensible goals. I need to do the same!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I thought I'd keep it simple this year

      Delete
  2. Good luck with your goals!

    Wishing you a great reading week

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Top Ten Tuesday: Ten Books Recently Added to My TBR

Top Ten Tuesday is a weekly meme hosted by  The Broke and The Bookish . This week's topic is ten books I've recently added to my TBR.

Top Ten Tuesday: Underrated Books

Top Ten Tuesday is a weekly meme hosted by  The Broke and The Bookish . This week's topic is ten underrated books I've read over the past two years.

Top Ten Tuesday: Series I NEED to Finish

Top Ten Tuesday is a weekly meme hosted by  The Broke and The Bookish . This week's topic is a freebie. So, looking at the past topics, I have decided to go for Top Ten Series I NEED to Finish.