Skip to main content

The Sunday Post (19 September 2021)

          

The Sunday Post is a weekly meme hosted by Kimberly of Caffeinated Reviewer. It’s a chance to share news. A post to recap the past week on your blog and showcase books and things we have received. Share news about what is coming up on our blog for the week ahead.

Once again I was all ready to have a great blogging or reading week and then my whole week turned into a bit of a disaster so I ended up a bit MIA from the middle of the week. On Wednesday afternoon I started to hear water even though I had no taps on at all. Turns out the pipe supplying my house with water had burst underneath my patio and this caused water to start flooding into the foundations. Thankfully my dad and brother were on hand to help pump water out of the foundations and the water board eventually came out in the late evening to dig up my patio and fix the pipe. It was after 1 am before they were finished so it's safe to say I've been pretty sleep deprived the rest of the week. Thankfully it could have been so much worse and now I just have to wait until the hole in my patio and my foundation dries out before we can get the earth and slabs put back. So it's safe to say blogging and reading took a bit of a backseat.

Last Week on the Blog

This Week on the Blog

Book Review: What I Saw and How I Lied, Judy Blundell
Top Ten Tuesday: Books on my Autumn To Read List
Book Review: I Was Here, Gayle Forman

What I Read Over the Last Week

Currently Reading

What I Plan to Read This Week

Book Haul

Currently Watching

Countdown to Christmas is on because Strictly is back!

Follow me via GoodreadsTwitterBloglovinInstagram and Email.


Feel free to leave a comment.

Comments

  1. Oh no! What a mess! I had a water pipe that was leaking a ton of water in my first house kind of like that. Glad you had help! Hope this week is better.
    Lisa Loves Literature

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm so glad i have family who could quickly help. And I'm all back to normal now.

      Delete
  2. Oh no, having a busted pipe is awful, we have had one in the past. I hope all is getting better.
    Here is my link:
    https://twogirlsandtheirbookishlife.blogspot.com/2021/09/the-sunday-salon-it-is-high-holiday.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was just a nightmare! But thankfully all sorted now.

      Delete
  3. Yikes! A burst pipe is terrible. I'm so glad you had help to get it all back together.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm so glad I had the help and that everything's back to normal!

      Delete
  4. Oh man...what a pain in the butt!!! So sorry you had to deal with that burst pipe situation.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Feature and Follow (29 May)

The Feature & Follow is hosted by TWO hosts, Parajunkee of  Parajunkee’s View  and Alison of  Alison Can Read . Each host will have their own Feature Blog and this way it’ll allow us to show off more new blogs! I'm one of the featured blogs this week! Along with Amanda of  The Darling Bookworm . This week’s Question: How many books have you got on your TBR list? I recently had a bit of a cull of my TBR list so now it is sitting at 269. I'm trying my hardest to get it below 200 by the end of the year but I really don't see it happening. I'd currently be happy if I managed to get it below 225. However, I did recently have a look through my TBR on Goodreads and deleted a few books that I don't think I will actually ever read - I'm not even to sure how they got there anyway. Follow me via  Goodreads ,  Facebook ,  Bloglovin  and  Pinterest  and also via email to myexpandingbookshelf@gmail.com.  Feel free to leave a comment.

Top Ten Tuesday: Books I Wouldn't Mind Santa Leaving Me

Top Ten Tuesday is a weekly meme hosted by  The Broke and The Bookish . This week's topic is ten books I wouldn't mind Santa leaving under my tree.

Book Beginnings, The Friday 56 and Feature and Follow (3 April)

Book Beginnings is a meme hosted every Friday by  Rose City Reader  where you share the first sentence (or so) of the book you are reading, along with your initial thoughts about the sentence, impressions of the book, or anything else the opener inspires.  Please remember to include the title of the book and the author’s name.