Skip to main content

The Sunday Post (5 March 2023)

                       

The Sunday Post is a weekly meme hosted by Kimberly of Caffeinated Reviewer. It’s a chance to share news. A post to recap the past week on your blog and showcase books and things we have received. Share news about what is coming up on our blog for the week ahead.

It's been an odd week. I've been doing a lot of thinking about life and just making time for me. So I've started a new Google calendar and decided to start time blocking to ensure that I have regularly scheduled me-time, blog time and just really a lost schedule for my days. I can still do blogging etc outwith these scheduled times, but at least I have time blocked out for them too. I got this idea from Rowena Tsai and, although it's early days, it seems to be going well and I'm feeling loads better than I have in a few weeks.

I think something that has also helped this week is an extra day off from work. I took my nephews birthday off work so there was no chance of me having to go into the office and delay visiting him. I spent most of that day just having me-time and it was so refreshing.

Last Week on the Blog

This Week on the Blog

TBC

What I Read Last Week

Currently Reading

What I Plan to Read This Week

Book Haul

Plus my Adult FairyLoot book for February

Follow me via GoodreadsTwitterBloglovinInstagram and Email.


Feel free to leave a comment.

Comments

  1. Nice week!! Enjoy your reading!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I read Kindred years ago and loved it. And isn't the other one #2 after Moon Goddess? I have that on my TBR - it seems to be a well loved series. I didn't realize there was a prequel to Hunger Games - I just rewatched the trilogy of movies last week when I was home with covid. So while it's all fresh in my mind I should pick up this one......
    Terrie @ Bookshelf Journeys

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm glad to hear you loved Kindred - I'm listening to the audiobooks and it's interesting. Sun Warrior is the second Moon Goddess book and it's really good so far. If I'm remembering right I think the Hunger Games sequel came out during the 2020 lockdowns.

      Delete
  3. Making time for ourselves is so important. I am glad you were able to take a day off this past week! Happy Birthday to your nephew! I have a day coming off this week for my daughter's birthday, and I am looking forward to some time to myself while she's at school--without work obligations or any obligations, really. I keep telling myself I need to set time out for blogging because it doesn't always get done otherwise.

    I have been wanting to read Daughter of the Moon Goddess and hope you enjoying the sequel, Heart of the Sun Warrior. And I've been wanting to try Kindred forever. It's time will come one of these days.

    Astrid Parker Doesn't Fail sounds good! I enjoy a good romance involving renovations--and reality tv too! I hope you enjoy it when you read it.

    I hope you have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope your daughter has a lovely birthday and you have some nice time to yourself. Daughter of the Moon Goddess is so good and I'm really enjoying Sun Warrior too. I really loved Delilah Green Doesn't Care so just had t get Astrid Parker as soon as possible.

      Delete
  4. I had a co worker once who blocked out all her time like that and it really worked great for her. I hope it does for you too

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So far it's going really well and I'm feeling so much more relaxed and happier.

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Top Ten Tuesday: Ten Books Recently Added to My TBR

Top Ten Tuesday is a weekly meme hosted by  The Broke and The Bookish . This week's topic is ten books I've recently added to my TBR.

Top Ten Tuesday: Unread 2016 Releases

Top Ten Tuesday is a weekly meme hosted by  The Broke and The Bookish . This week's topic is my ten 2016 releases I meant to read but didn't get to.

Top Ten Tuesday: Underrated Books

Top Ten Tuesday is a weekly meme hosted by  The Broke and The Bookish . This week's topic is ten underrated books I've read over the past two years.