Skip to main content

The Sunday Post (13 December)

Sunday Post
The Sunday Post is a weekly meme hosted by Kimberly of Caffeinated Book Reviewer. It’s a chance to share news. A post to recap the past week on your blog and showcase books and things we have received. Share news about what is coming up on our blog for the week ahead.

I'm starting to get more into the Christmassy mood now, especially when they play Christmas music on the radio during my drive to work. And I think I've almost finished my Christmas shopping. My name must be Flora, cause I'm on a roll this year (*cringes*  that was just so bad, I shouldn't make jokes).

I also went along to a Christmas Fair at Glamis Castle. It was okay but the marquee was too small for the number of people and you couldn't move. But the Castle tour was pretty cool and I learnt so much local history.

Last Week on the Blog:

This Week on the Blog:

Tuesday - Top Ten Tuesday: Top ten books I read in 2015
Thursday - Blog Spotlight & Giveaway: Did I Mention I Love You? (DIMILY #1), Estelle Maskame
Friday - Feature and Follow: If I could write a book what would it be about?

Around the Blogosphere:

Cait @ Paper Fury asks if you think of star ratings whilst reading and also tells us about her favourite types of character.
Ranu @ The Araliya Bookshelf asks what your idea of a cliffhanger is?
Jen @ The Bookavid gives some great tip on how to deal with DNFs.
Amber @ The Mile Long Bookshelf tells us why she doesn't tag authors in negative posts.


What I Read Last Week

A Christmas CarolDiverging Cadence (Cadence, #2)

Currently Reading:

The Night Circus
The Night Circus, Erin Morgenstern (kind of on hold at the moment)

What I Plan to Read  Next  Week:

FirstsThis Is Where It Ends

Book Haul:

Zilch!



Follow me via GoodreadsFacebookTwitterBloglovin, and Pinterest.

Feel free to leave a comment.

Comments

  1. Learning more about local history is awesome, Lauren, even if the venue was too small for all the people who wanted to participate.
    I am thinking about reading Firsts soon, too, it looks really good, and so different.
    Have a wonderful week ahead and happy reading.
    Lexxie @ (un)Conventional Bookviews

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I can't wait to get started on Firsts tonight (hopefully).

      Hope you have a great week too!

      Delete
  2. Looking forward to what you think of Night Circus. It's about 11 books from the top of my reading list now. I love the Christmas music too. Funny thing though. I don't listen to it at home. Just when I'm out and about.

    My Sunday Post - http://fuonlyknew.com/2015/12/13/whats-new-on-my-bookshelf-139-and-the-sunday-post/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm still not to sure about the Night Circus. I've taken a break from it just now. The descriptions and writting is beautiful, but I'm struggling to attach to any of the characters.

      I've been listening to a lot of Christmas music at work. Which is odd as I used to work in a supermarket and hated the constant music at this time of year.

      Delete
  3. I'm getting in the Christmas mood as well! My roommate and I listened to Christmas music on the 2 hour drive back to our home town and then we went to our high school's annual Feast of Carols, which is the most gorgeous Christmas choir concert anyone has ever seen.

    I really hope you enjoy Firsts. That one just sounds so interesting to me. Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It definitely sounds like your getting into the Christmas spirit! Feast of Carols sounds lovely.

      I can't wait to start Firsts hopefully tonight.

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Feature and Follow (29 May)

The Feature & Follow is hosted by TWO hosts, Parajunkee of  Parajunkee’s View  and Alison of  Alison Can Read . Each host will have their own Feature Blog and this way it’ll allow us to show off more new blogs! I'm one of the featured blogs this week! Along with Amanda of  The Darling Bookworm . This week’s Question: How many books have you got on your TBR list? I recently had a bit of a cull of my TBR list so now it is sitting at 269. I'm trying my hardest to get it below 200 by the end of the year but I really don't see it happening. I'd currently be happy if I managed to get it below 225. However, I did recently have a look through my TBR on Goodreads and deleted a few books that I don't think I will actually ever read - I'm not even to sure how they got there anyway. Follow me via  Goodreads ,  Facebook ,  Bloglovin  and  Pinterest  and also via email to myexpandingbookshelf@gmail.com.  Feel free to leave a comment.

Top Ten Tuesday: Books I Wouldn't Mind Santa Leaving Me

Top Ten Tuesday is a weekly meme hosted by  The Broke and The Bookish . This week's topic is ten books I wouldn't mind Santa leaving under my tree.

Book Beginnings, The Friday 56 and Feature and Follow (3 April)

Book Beginnings is a meme hosted every Friday by  Rose City Reader  where you share the first sentence (or so) of the book you are reading, along with your initial thoughts about the sentence, impressions of the book, or anything else the opener inspires.  Please remember to include the title of the book and the author’s name.