Skip to main content

The Sunday Post (13 March 2022)

           

The Sunday Post is a weekly meme hosted by Kimberly of Caffeinated Reviewer. It’s a chance to share news. A post to recap the past week on your blog and showcase books and things we have received. Share news about what is coming up on our blog for the week ahead.

It's been another quieter week which means I had a chance to do a lot of reading. I'm also now dog sitting for my parents so that is also letting me read a lot, so it's almost like a win-win situation. I honestly can't remember what I done at the start of the week, it just feels like a blur. But I did get the chance to pop into the library on Saturday to return then borrow a few books. I also went to the coffee shop for a change of scenery.

Last Week on the Blog

This Week on the Blog

Books I Said I'd Read in Winter...
Top Ten Tuesday: Books on my Spring TBR
Book Review: Safety in Numbers, Sophie Penhaligon

What I Read Over the Last Week


Currently Reading

The Midwife's Confession, Diane Chamberlain / The Storyteller, Dave Grohl (yes I'm re-reading this again already... this time it's the audiobook)

What I Plan to Read This Week


Feel free to leave a comment.

Comments

  1. Bookish People looks cute. I'm on a rom com binge at the moment. Enjoy your reading week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love that you got to read so much! And, how fun that you get to dog sit. I really liked Maus. I hope you liked it too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dog sitting sounds like fun. I hope we both enjoy Bookish People.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Top Ten Tuesday: Books I'd Give to Someone That Doesn't Like Reading (2 November 2021)

                  Top Ten Tuesday is a weekly meme hosted by  That Artsy Reader Girl . This week's topic is books I'd give to someone that doesn't like reading. It's a very short list this week but I'm basing it off my sister-in-law who doesn't read much but these are books she enjoyed.

Book Beginnings, The Friday 56 and Feature and Follow (10 April)

Book Beginnings is a meme hosted every Friday by  Rose City Reader  where you share the first sentence (or so) of the book you are reading, along with your initial thoughts about the sentence, impressions of the book, or anything else the opener inspires.  Please remember to include the title of the book and the author’s name.

Discussion: The Problem With My Local Library

I used to use my local library all the time when I was in school.  Source I even spent every lunchtime in my school's library. My friends and I were pupil librarians and we practically had the run of the whole library. And then, when I started University, the only library I had time for was the University library. And that wasn't an enjoyable experience. However, last summer I started going to my local library again. (I then had to stop again when I got my job.) And unfortunately, I was pretty disappointed.  Source The availability sucks. I can deal with books I want that are already out on loan. It's the complete lack of decent books the library has on its system that gets to me. All those months I went to the library last year and I never left with a book that was already on my TBR. I walked around that place looking at my Goodreads trying to find any book on that list. And I couldn't find any at all (except for the Classics). To be honest, I ...