Skip to main content

Book Review: Lost Princess (Kingdom of Cymmera #2), Dani-Lyn Alexander

Lost Princess (Kingdom of Cymmera, #2)

Title: Lost Princess
Series: Kingdom of Cymmera #2
Author: Dani-Lyn Alexander
Published: 13/10/2015, Kensington Publishing Corporation
Pages: 162
Source: Netgalley & Kensington Publishing Corporation
Format: Ebook
Rating: 4/5
Ryleigh Donnovan's life changed forever the day she met Jackson Maynard, a Death Dealer, and followed him home to the kingdom of Cymmera. Now she is trying to care for her sister while saving a realm she knows nothing about...
Jackson has reluctantly accepted the throne of Cymmera, in place of his father. But his world is in turmoil, the kingdom under constant threat of attack. Worse still, Jackson suspects there is a traitor among his court. A powerful prophet has suggested a way to protect the realm, but that solution may drive Jackson and Ryleigh apart forever...
When a magic relic goes missing, Ryleigh has no choice but to journey in search of it. When Jackson discovers Ryleigh is missing, he must make a choice that will either claim their destiny or bring an end to the only home he's ever known.
I liked Lost Princess. It was a really great continuation of the story started in Reluctant Prince. In fact, I enjoyed it slightly more than the first book.

Lost Princess begins almost exactly where Reluctant Prince finishes and the action starts just pages in. It's great! There's no dragged-out build-up. You are thrown right into the story and because of this I only put it down once and only because it was so late. The suspense was just brilliant!

Once again the story is told via the alternating perspectives of Ryleigh and Jackson. Therefore, we continue to see the whole story as it progresses as Ryleigh and Jackson spend a lot of time apart during Lost Princess. This also makes it harder to suss out who exactly has betrayed Jackson by working alongside Kai. Although, I did have it narrowed down before the big reveal.

Lost Princess is a fairly fast paced read with lots of action. There were also plenty of twists and turns to keep the reader interested. Some plot lines aren't completely tied up and there is a slight cliffhanger however I'm sure these will be handled in the nest installment of the series.

I did once again really enjoy the characters. Particularly Ryliegh and Jackson again. Ryleigh really des come into her own and accepts her role in Cymmera. She can be quite a fierce leader as not only can she be strategic but she also really cares about people.

Jackson is still struggling with his fathers death as it has only been a few days (I thin) however he is getting there slowly. This, to me, shows that he is "only human" (for lack of a better term as he is immortal). I really felt for him in terms of the betryal and his confusion as he doesn't know he to trust.

I also liked that Ryleigh and Jackson clashed quite a bit in Lost Princess. It shows that they araen't the perfect couple and there will be instances when they will have to agree to disagree. I think it also shows how little they actually know each other too.

However, as I said in my review of Reluctant Prince, I do wish there was more description. It would fiol the story out a bit more and the world building would be so much better for it. Even so it is still a pretty cool world/dimension.

I would definitely recommend the Kingdom of Cymmera series to those who enjoy YA fantasy with a dash of romance. However, I believe "hard-core" fans of fantasy could be let down by the lack of description but it's still a really good read.

I look forard to reading the next installemtn in the series and will definitely be keeping my eye out for more by Dani-Lyn Alexander.



Follow me via GoodreadsFacebookTwitterBloglovin and Pinterest.

Feel free to leave a comment.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Feature and Follow (29 May)

The Feature & Follow is hosted by TWO hosts, Parajunkee of  Parajunkee’s View  and Alison of  Alison Can Read . Each host will have their own Feature Blog and this way it’ll allow us to show off more new blogs! I'm one of the featured blogs this week! Along with Amanda of  The Darling Bookworm . This week’s Question: How many books have you got on your TBR list? I recently had a bit of a cull of my TBR list so now it is sitting at 269. I'm trying my hardest to get it below 200 by the end of the year but I really don't see it happening. I'd currently be happy if I managed to get it below 225. However, I did recently have a look through my TBR on Goodreads and deleted a few books that I don't think I will actually ever read - I'm not even to sure how they got there anyway. Follow me via  Goodreads ,  Facebook ,  Bloglovin  and  Pinterest  and also via email to myexpandingbookshelf@gmail.com.  Feel free to leave a comment.

Top Ten Tuesday: Unread 2016 Releases

Top Ten Tuesday is a weekly meme hosted by  The Broke and The Bookish . This week's topic is my ten 2016 releases I meant to read but didn't get to.

Top Ten Tuesday: Ten Books Recently Added to My TBR

Top Ten Tuesday is a weekly meme hosted by  The Broke and The Bookish . This week's topic is ten books I've recently added to my TBR.