Skip to main content

Book Review: This Is Me, Mrs Hinch (Sophie Hinchliffe)

Forever

Title: This Is Me
Author: Mrs Hinch (Sophie Hinchliffe)
Published: Oct 2020, Penguin Random House UK
Pages: 319
Source: Gifted
Format: Hardback
Rating: 2/5
Well guys, here we are! What an absolute whirlwind of a journey this has been so far.
So much has happened in the last couple of life-changing years and I'm so excited to share it with you all: my Hinchers. You have been right by my side for every step of the way and I honestly couldn't have done it without the amazing love and support from this incredible family we've built together.
It's often felt like a fairy tale but it hasn't always been easy, and I'm going to let you in on the highs and the lows as well as my biggest fears and my darkest challenges. Because this book right here, is me.
This is me: Soph - the wife, the mother and the person behind Mrs Hinch.
So let's do this! Put your Hinch Lists to one side, get comfy and join me on the sofa with a cuppa. Welcome to my world.
This is my story.

This Is Me is an interesting insight into the life of a social media influencer. I've followed Mrs Hinch for a few years now and love learning her tips and tricks for cleaning. Following her account came along at just the right time when I got my own place.

Sophie Hinchliffe writes in a very informal colloquial way and I could hear her voice in my head whilst reading. She may not be the greatest writer (and it's not going to be nominated for any literary awards), but she speaks about very real issues that anyone can relate to. I particularly related to the chapters about her body issues and feeling like an annoyance to her school friends. It's exactly how I feel or have felt in the past.

I did notice that a lot of things were repeated quite a lot. Perhaps too much. But at the same time, I think it's important to get across the effects of online trolling and bullying. Some of the things Sophie has had to deal with are horrific. What on earth possesses people (grown adults) to bully a baby!

As I say, This Is Me is an interesting read that I'd recommend to die-hard Mrs Hinch fans. However, it isn't mindblowing and a lot of what is in the book has been spoken about on her Instagram account. But it was a nice easy read to chill with at the end of the day.



Follow me via GoodreadsTwitterBloglovin, and Instagram.

Feel free to leave a comment.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Top Ten Tuesday: Ten Books Recently Added to My TBR

Top Ten Tuesday is a weekly meme hosted by  The Broke and The Bookish . This week's topic is ten books I've recently added to my TBR.

Top Ten Tuesday: Unread 2016 Releases

Top Ten Tuesday is a weekly meme hosted by  The Broke and The Bookish . This week's topic is my ten 2016 releases I meant to read but didn't get to.

Top Ten Tuesday: New-To-Me Authors 2016

Top Ten Tuesday is a weekly meme hosted by  The Broke and The Bookish . This week's topic top ten new-to-me authors read in 2016.