Skip to main content

Book Beginnings on Friday, the Friday 56 and Book Blogger Hop (3 September 2021)

Book Beginnings on Friday is a meme hosted every Friday by Rose City Reader where you share the first sentence (or couple of sentences) from your current read. The Friday 56 is also hosted every Friday by Frida's Voice where you share a sentence or two from page 56 or 56% into your current read.


This week my Book Beginning and Friday 56 is from I Was Here by Gayle Forman.
Beginning:
"The day after Meg died, I received this letter: 
I regret to inform you that I have had to take my own life. This decision has been a long time coming and was mine alone to make. I know it will cause you pain, and for that I am sorry, but please know that I needed to end my own pain. This has nothing to do with you and everything to do with me. I's not your fault. 
Meg"

Page 56:
"I've never seen someone whose eyes change colors, like some mood ring to the soul. If he even has a soul."


The Book Blogger Hop was created by Jennifer @ Crazy-For-Books in March 2010 and moved to Billy @ Coffee Addicted Writer in February 2013. Each week starting on Friday there will be a prompt featuring a book-related question with the purpose is to give bloggers a chance to follow other blogs, learn about new books, befriend other bloggers, and receive new followers to your own blog.

This week's prompt, submitted by Julie @ Stepping Stones Book Reviews, is:

What do you use for a bookmark? A real one or something else?

Nowadays, I use real bookmarks whilst I still have them. I'm notorious for losing them. Thankfully I have quite a few and 9 times out of 10 when I lose them they eventually turn back up months down the line. I used to just use random pieces of paper or reciepts. 


Follow me via GoodreadsTwitterBloglovin, and Instagram.

Feel free to leave a comment.

Comments

  1. I read the first book in this series. Perhaps I ought to read this as well. Happy reading!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think this one is a standalone, but all Gayle Forman's titles are very similar. I'd definitely recommend this one though.

      Delete
  2. I haven't read this book. It seems like an okay story. Enjoy your current read!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh wow, what an intense beginning! I hope you enjoy the book. Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was definitely a good book, not necessarily enjoyable given the subject but I could appreciate it.

      Delete
  4. I've never thought of eyes as being a mood ring to the soul. That's a good line.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have this one on my GR list! :-) Happy weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Interesting I may need to add this to my TBR list....for my answer to the hop question hop on over to my blog https://www.readinggrrl.com/2021/08/book-blogger-hop-what-do-you-use-for.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's definitely a good read, though very sad.

      Delete
  7. I used to love using metro train transfers as boomarks. There is a machine in every station that spits them out for free, so I was always grabbing some to use as bookmarks. :)

    My post is here— https://fiftytwo.blog/2021/09/09/book-blogger-hop-what-do-you-use-as-a-bookmark/

    Lori

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Top Ten Tuesday: Ten Books Recently Added to My TBR

Top Ten Tuesday is a weekly meme hosted by  The Broke and The Bookish . This week's topic is ten books I've recently added to my TBR.

Top Ten Tuesday: Unread 2016 Releases

Top Ten Tuesday is a weekly meme hosted by  The Broke and The Bookish . This week's topic is my ten 2016 releases I meant to read but didn't get to.

Top Ten Tuesday: Underrated Books

Top Ten Tuesday is a weekly meme hosted by  The Broke and The Bookish . This week's topic is ten underrated books I've read over the past two years.