I used to use my local library all the time when I was in school. Source I even spent every lunchtime in my school's library. My friends and I were pupil librarians and we practically had the run of the whole library. And then, when I started University, the only library I had time for was the University library. And that wasn't an enjoyable experience. However, last summer I started going to my local library again. (I then had to stop again when I got my job.) And unfortunately, I was pretty disappointed. Source The availability sucks. I can deal with books I want that are already out on loan. It's the complete lack of decent books the library has on its system that gets to me. All those months I went to the library last year and I never left with a book that was already on my TBR. I walked around that place looking at my Goodreads trying to find any book on that list. And I couldn't find any at all (except for the Classics). To be honest, I ...
Love how you combined newer releases with some Classics. Nice list!
ReplyDeleteHappy TTT! Here's my 10 Agatha Christie books with numbers in the title
Thanks!
DeleteSeven Letter Word looks good!
ReplyDeleteHere is our Top Ten Tuesday. Thank you!
It is such an interesting read!
DeleteI had One Day on my list the last time we did this topic, I hope you enjoy it more than I did.
ReplyDeleteMy TTT: https://jjbookblog.wordpress.com/2021/09/14/top-ten-tuesday-333/
Oh no! That doesn't sound good. I'm not sure when I'll get to it.
DeleteOoh, I came across One Was Lost at a used bookstore last month, couldn't' quite bring myself to shell out $8 for a one-time read...but I've been going nuts ever since hoping my library will order it! I love that cover, and thrillers/horror in the woods are my favorite kind of read for fall.
ReplyDeleteCome to think of it, I saw '89 Walls there too, and it piqued my interest (but from Goodreads it sounds like it has more sexual content than I'm comfortable reading.)
I hope you get the chance to read One Was Lost soon. It was really good!
DeleteI enjoyed '89 Walls - it's been a while but I can't remember it being very explicit but I could be wrong.
A Seven Letter Word looks really interesting! I'm definitely adding that to my TBR. I Am Number Four is on my list today too.
ReplyDeleteMy TTT
Seven Letter Word was a fantastic read.
DeleteI have not read any of these books. Buster: The Dog Who Saved a Thousand Lives, Will Barrow sounds good. My niece had a dog named Buster.
ReplyDeleteBuster was a really good read. Not the best written, but definitely enjoyable.
DeleteI almost forgot about I Am Number Four. I read that one so long ago. Great list!
ReplyDeleteI only remembered it because I reread it recently and I'm trying to get through the series now.
DeleteSuch a variety of books on your list! I love it. I've read at least half of them. :)
ReplyDeleteThanks! I hope you enjoyed them
DeleteGreat list! The only one on your list that I have read is 1984, and that was several years ago.
ReplyDeleteWhen you get the opportunity, I hope you'll stop by my post: https://readbakecreate.com/books-counting-down-from-ten/
Thanks! I'm glad I read 1984, but I can't say I enjoyed it.
DeleteA Seven Letter Word looks interesting! Here is my link if you want to stop by: https://cindysbookcorner.blogspot.com/2021/09/top-ten-tuesday-numbers-in-title.html
ReplyDeleteA Seven Letter Word was really good. Something different!
DeleteI really ought to get back to the sequel to A Thousand Pieces of You...
ReplyDeleteThanks for visiting my blog earlier!
I hope you get the chance to read it soon!
Delete