Skip to main content

Book Beginnings on Friday and the Friday 56 (16 July 2021)

 

Book Beginnings on Friday is a meme hosted every Friday by Rose City Reader where you share the first sentence (or couple of sentences) from your current read. The Friday 56 is also hosted every Friday by Frida's Voice where you share a sentence or two from page 56 or 56% into your current read.


This week by Book Beginning and Friday 56 is from The Handmaids Tale by Margaret Atwood.
Beginning:
"We slept in what had once been the gymnasium."

Page 56:
"There were marches, of course, a lot of women and some men. But they were smaller than you might have thought. I guess people where scared"


Follow me via GoodreadsTwitterBloglovin, and Instagram.

Feel free to leave a comment.

Comments

  1. I haven't read this but the first season of the adaptation was absolutely terrifying.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've not watched the adaptation yet, but from what I've read so far I'm definitely adding it to my "to watch" list.

      Delete
  2. This was a great read, after many times of me putting it down, getting angry at it and many other emotions. Happy weeekend!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know exactly what you mean. I don't know if enjoyable is the right word, but I certainly can't put it down!

      Delete
  3. This is such a classic and yet it always hits me with how sharp and on-point its writing is! I think I'm due a reread soon. Thanks for sharing and I hope you have a lovely weekend :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm so glad I've finally got round to reading it. It's been on the TBR for so long and I might let myself watch the show now too.

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Top Ten Tuesday: Ten Books Recently Added to My TBR

Top Ten Tuesday is a weekly meme hosted by  The Broke and The Bookish . This week's topic is ten books I've recently added to my TBR.

Top Ten Tuesday: Unread 2016 Releases

Top Ten Tuesday is a weekly meme hosted by  The Broke and The Bookish . This week's topic is my ten 2016 releases I meant to read but didn't get to.

Top Ten Tuesday: Underrated Books

Top Ten Tuesday is a weekly meme hosted by  The Broke and The Bookish . This week's topic is ten underrated books I've read over the past two years.