Skip to main content

The Sunday Post (11 July 2021)

  

The Sunday Post is a weekly meme hosted by Kimberly of Caffeinated Reviewer. It’s a chance to share news. A post to recap the past week on your blog and showcase books and things we have received. Share news about what is coming up on our blog for the week ahead.

It's been both a quiet and busy week this week. We celebrated my brother's birthday and my cousin's engagement. I went on a few walks with my mum and went to a pub quiz with my dad (we got 24 out of 40 so not bad for just the two of us). Work has been quite quiet this week, it's the start of the summer annual leave season so there's been a few out-of-office replies pinging around.

Last Week on the Blog

This Week on the Blog

I'm not in a routine yet. I'm just going to post as and when I can for the moment and I'm trying to read ahead to have a few posts queued up.

What I Read Last Week

Nothing finished this week.

Currently Reading


What I Plan to Read This Week

At the moment I'm swaying between these books. What do you think I should read next?

Book Haul


Currently Watching

I've been carrying on my watch of New Girl. I think it's taken me over a year now, but I'm halfway through season 6 now.

Currently Listening To

Other than my current audiobook on my dog walk I've not really listened to anything this week except the car radio.


Follow me via GoodreadsTwitterBloglovin, and Instagram.

Feel free to leave a comment.

Comments

  1. I've heard that When Dimple Met Rishi is a ton of fun, but I haven't read it myself. I haven't read The Handmaid's Tale either but I know it got adapted to a show so there's some promise there. Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've been a much happier blogger since I took a more relaxed approach and ditched any (self-imposed) expectations. I just post when I feel like. So kudos for no-pressure blogging! :) When Dimple Met Rishi was super cute. Perfect for when you want something lighter. Hope you enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The Handmaid's Tale! I enjoyed P & P and Z, as well The Ballad of Songbirds and Snakes. So maybe you will as well. Either way, I hope you'll enjoy whichever you end up picking. :)

    Happy reading!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Glad to hear you enjoyed all the books! I'm still swaying between them as I've still not finished My Outdoor Life.

      Delete
  4. Handmaid's Tale is fantastic and there's so many giphy's and graphics and books going off the same theme. I liked Dimple Met Rishi --the dual perspective was cute.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've heard a lot of good things about The Handmaid's Tale and When Dimple Met Rishi which is probably why it's taking me so long to decide what to read!

      Delete
  5. Glad you had a good week. and ooh the Monster Collection looks fun. I kinda like the old monsters but haven't really read much of them.

    I liked New Girl although I never got through all of it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The Monster Collection is really good! The narrators are just so good!

      Delete
  6. Hmm, I'd read Pride and Prejudice and Zombies next. I can only guess that it's Elizabeth Bennet fighting zombies? Or maybe Jane Austen herself! Have a great week.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It does sound really intriguing doesn't it! I can't wait until I read it, just don't know if it will be next or not yet.

      Delete
  7. Happy Birthday to your brother and congratulations to your cousin on his engagement! That's a lot to celebrate. :-) Which book did you end up going with? I loved The Handmaid's Tale but haven't read the other two books you mentioned. I want to read Feminists Don't Wear Pink! I hadn't heard of that one but it sounds great. I hope you have a great weekend and week ahead, Lauren!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I've ended up choosing The Handmaid's Tale, although I've not started yet. Feminists Don't Wear Pink was just an impulse buy from the supermarket so I'm keeping my fingers crossed it's a good one. Hope you have a lovely weekend too!

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Top Ten Tuesday: Ten Books Recently Added to My TBR

Top Ten Tuesday is a weekly meme hosted by  The Broke and The Bookish . This week's topic is ten books I've recently added to my TBR.

Top Ten Tuesday: Unread 2016 Releases

Top Ten Tuesday is a weekly meme hosted by  The Broke and The Bookish . This week's topic is my ten 2016 releases I meant to read but didn't get to.

Top Ten Tuesday: Underrated Books

Top Ten Tuesday is a weekly meme hosted by  The Broke and The Bookish . This week's topic is ten underrated books I've read over the past two years.