Skip to main content

Book Review: Windswept & Interesting, Billy Connolly

Windswept & Interesting

Title: Windswept & Interesting
Author: Billy Connolly
Published: 12th October 2021, Two Roads
Pages: 389
Source: Bought
Format: Hardback
Rating: 5/5
In his first full-length autobiography, comedy legend and national treasure Billy Connolly reveals the truth behind his windswept and interesting life.
Born in a tenement flat in Glasgow in 1942, orphaned by the age of 4, and a survivor of appalling abuse at the hands of his own family, Billy's life is a remarkable story of success against all odds.
Windswept and Interesting is Billy's story in his own words. It is joyfully funny - stuffed full of hard-earned wisdom as well as countless digressions on fishing, farting and the joys of dancing naked. It is an unforgettable, life-affirming story of a true comedy legend.

Being Scottish, Billy Connolly has been a staple in my life when it comes to comedy and entertainment. No matter the family get-together, there's always a high chance a song or show will appear at some point.

Windswept and Interesting is a fantastic account of Billy Connolly's life. I learned so much about how he grew up. I absolutely loved it. The book was written using dictation software, due to Billy's Parkinson's disease, and this just added to how Billy's story was told. I could hear his voice in my head as I read. 

No surprise I laughed a lot reading Windswept and Interesting. One of my favourite parts was his description of the film Jaws - "the movie about the shark that plays the cello". But I also cried so much. I did not expect the extent of the abuse Billy suffered growing up. His aunties were just plain cruel and his father is just despicable. 

I'd really recommend Windswept and Interesting to all fans of Billy Connolly. I want to read more of his stories! And I'm definitely going to be recommending this books to all my family too.

(Once again, I'm really bad at reviewing non-fiction...)

My favourite parts? The whole book and being able to "hear" his voice as I read
My favourite character? N/A
Did I learn something? So much more about Billy's life
Will I read Billy Connolly again? YES!
Will I read the rest of the series? N/A
Worth the price? Yes



Follow me via GoodreadsTwitterBloglovinInstagram and Email.

Feel free to leave a comment.

Comments

  1. I've heard this book is good, and your fabulous review confirms it. I have it on my audiobook wish list.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Top Ten Tuesday: Ten Books Recently Added to My TBR

Top Ten Tuesday is a weekly meme hosted by  The Broke and The Bookish . This week's topic is ten books I've recently added to my TBR.

Top Ten Tuesday: Underrated Books

Top Ten Tuesday is a weekly meme hosted by  The Broke and The Bookish . This week's topic is ten underrated books I've read over the past two years.

Top Ten Tuesday: Series I NEED to Finish

Top Ten Tuesday is a weekly meme hosted by  The Broke and The Bookish . This week's topic is a freebie. So, looking at the past topics, I have decided to go for Top Ten Series I NEED to Finish.