Skip to main content

The Sunday Post (20 March)


The Sunday Post is a weekly meme hosted by Kimberly of Caffeinated Book Reviewer. It’s a chance to share news. A post to recap the past week on your blog and showcase books and things we have received. Share news about what is coming up on our blog for the week ahead.

Why is it that I always have countless quiet weeks, then everything just happens at once! It's been such a busy (and quick) week this week. I have never felt so happy for the weekend.

Firstly, late last Sunday, my car broke! It was still drivable thankfully, but it actually sounded like I was driving a train when I went round roundabouts. And there is a lot of roundabouts on my commute to and from work! But, yeah, apparently it was something to do with the brake shoes, but my brother is a mechanic (thankfully) so he has now fixed it.

I've also had a busy week with my mum and future sister-in-law. We've been brainstorming the guest list for the wedding. It's not for a few years yet, but my brother and his fiance are going to be checking out some venues in the next couple of weeks and have been advised to have rough numbers prepared.

It was St Patricks day on Thursday and as I work at a University this meant drunk students EVERYWHERE! The Union actually host a party each year from 10 am to 3 am so you can probably imagine the state of some of them. On my way home at 5 pm, I actually saw a small group of girls dressed in green staggering down the street, carrying a bottle of Buckie (the Urban Dictionary definition is perfect here) and singing to their hearts content.

Thursday was also a good day as I received my second auto-approval on Netgalley. I got so excited and squealed in the middle of the office when I got the email through.

Last night, I went to a pub quiz night, run by my old work. It was a great laugh, but my team only came 7th out of 9 teams... And I'm suffering a lot today... Never mix wine and whisky.

Last Week on the Blog


This Week on the Blog

Monday - ARC Review: Flawed (Flawed #1), Cecelia Ahern
Tuesday - Top Ten Tuesday: Top ten books I love, but haven't talked about in a while
Thursday - Book Review: City of Bones (The Mortal Instruments #1), Cassandra Clare

Around the Blogosphere

Lola @ Lola's Reviews asks Do You Re-read Books?
Sam @ Taking on a World of Words asks Books and Movies: Can You Enjoy Both?

What I Read Last Week

Flawed

Currently Reading

City of Bones (The Mortal Instruments, #1)

What I Plan to Read This Week

My Kind of CrazyThen Comes Love

Book Haul

Netgalley

Please, Pretty Lights (Pretty Lights Series Book 1)Cruel Crown (Red Queen, #0.1-#0.2)


Follow me via GoodreadsFacebookTwitterBloglovin and Pinterest.

Feel free to leave a comment.

Comments

  1. "drunk students EVERYWHERE"- lol. I can imagine... and that urban dictionary definition was interesting, I had not heard of that before. :) I know what you mean though about those weeks- some are just like that.

    My Kind of Crazy looks like a fun read.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, I don't ever remember it being that crazy when I was a student.

      My Kind of Crazy unfortunately wasn't what I hoped it would be.

      Delete
  2. Sounds like you had quite the exciting week--both in and out of the book world! And congrats on your second auto-approve! That's so awesome!

    Here's hoping this next week is just as epic for you! Happy book-ing, and have a great rest of your Sunday.

    Here is my Sunday Post.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was a mental week haha! And thank you so much, I'm so excited! But it's so hard trying to restrain myself from going crazy with the book requests now though.

      Delete
  3. Wow, what a week-my daughter is in college in TX A & M, and I can imagine the fun they had this week on spring break, am sure she'll fill me in soon-LOL Have some nice reads there-enjoy!!
    http://thebestbasicblogger.blogspot.com/2016/03/stacking-shelves-13.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha! I hope your daughter had a great break!

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Feature and Follow (29 May)

The Feature & Follow is hosted by TWO hosts, Parajunkee of  Parajunkee’s View  and Alison of  Alison Can Read . Each host will have their own Feature Blog and this way it’ll allow us to show off more new blogs! I'm one of the featured blogs this week! Along with Amanda of  The Darling Bookworm . This week’s Question: How many books have you got on your TBR list? I recently had a bit of a cull of my TBR list so now it is sitting at 269. I'm trying my hardest to get it below 200 by the end of the year but I really don't see it happening. I'd currently be happy if I managed to get it below 225. However, I did recently have a look through my TBR on Goodreads and deleted a few books that I don't think I will actually ever read - I'm not even to sure how they got there anyway. Follow me via  Goodreads ,  Facebook ,  Bloglovin  and  Pinterest  and also via email to myexpandingbookshelf@gmail.com.  Feel free to leave a comment.

Book Beginnings, The Friday 56 and Feature and Follow (3 April)

Book Beginnings is a meme hosted every Friday by  Rose City Reader  where you share the first sentence (or so) of the book you are reading, along with your initial thoughts about the sentence, impressions of the book, or anything else the opener inspires.  Please remember to include the title of the book and the author’s name.

Top Ten Tuesday: Books I'm Looking Forward to in 2017

Top Ten Tuesday is a weekly meme hosted by  The Broke and The Bookish . This week's topic is five books I'm looking forward to in the first half of 2017. Only five because I'm rubbish at planning ahead when it come to new releases.