Skip to main content

The Sunday Post (4 December)


The Sunday Post is a weekly meme hosted by Kimberly of Caffeinated Book Reviewer. It’s a chance to share news. A post to recap the past week on your blog and showcase books and things we have received. Share news about what is coming up on our blog for the week ahead.

Holy cow! How is it December already! This year has gone by unbelievably quick!

I had a rather successful week this week. I finished my Christmas shopping! I'll probably still end up buying the odd thing here and there, but all the main presents are wrapped and ready for delivery. Now I can buy a Christmas present for myself haha!

At work on Thursday morning, we put the Christmas decorations up in the office so we now have a little Christmas tree and some fairy lights and snowflakes dotted around the office. Then, on Friday afternoon, we had a "team-building" exercise on our floor where we had a cuppy, ate some cake and made paper chain Christmas decorations for the hallway. Really it was just an excuse for hilarity. No work was completed at all that afternoon!

And as we get into the hectic busy festive period, I've decided that for the next month I will only be posting one review and Top Ten Tuesday a week, as well as my usual Sunday Post if I have time. I'll still be around, but when everyone is off at Christmas it's so hard to keep up with the blog. I think I'm also going to take a week long break from blogging the first week of January, just for a wee bit of a rest.

Last Week on the Blog


This Week on the Blog

Monday - ARC Review: The Most Wonderful Time of the Year, Joanna Bolouri
Tuesday - Top Ten Tuesday: New-to-Me Authors 2016

Around the Blogosphere

Cait @ Paper Fury lists 10 Reasons She Decides to Read a Book.
Liza @ Quite the Novel Idea has a Giveaway.
Puput @ Sparkling Letters discusses 10 Pros & Cons of Buying Books Online.

What I Read Last Week

Paper Butterflies

Currently Reading

Anna KareninaA Court of Thorns and Roses (A Court of Thorns and Roses, #1)

What I Plan to Read This Week

The Hundred Lies of Lizzie LovettFrostblood (Frostblood Saga, #1)

Book Haul


Follow me via GoodreadsTwitterBloglovinInstagram and Pinterest.

Feel free to leave a comment.

Comments

  1. Yay for having your shopping done! I've bought one thing lol. Fantastic Beasts looks so fun I still need to see it. and Frost Blood looks great!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm usually so bad at getting my shopping done but this year I made it my mission yo get it all done before my last pay day before Christmas haha! So glad I managed. The Fantastic Beasts screenplay is so good and I'm desperate to see the movie now.

      Delete
  2. Sounds fair to have a bit of a rest! I'm actually thinking of the same thing myself. hehe. And ooh, I've heard good things about The Hundred Lies of Lizzie Lovett! And I do love that cover. And I'm intrigued about Frostblood so I hope you have a good time with both of those. :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think we all deserve a bit of a rest around this time of year when it's so busy in other parts of our lives. The Lizzie Lovett cover is adorable too. I can't wait to read it and Frostblood so I just hope they're as good as they sound.

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Feature and Follow (29 May)

The Feature & Follow is hosted by TWO hosts, Parajunkee of  Parajunkee’s View  and Alison of  Alison Can Read . Each host will have their own Feature Blog and this way it’ll allow us to show off more new blogs! I'm one of the featured blogs this week! Along with Amanda of  The Darling Bookworm . This week’s Question: How many books have you got on your TBR list? I recently had a bit of a cull of my TBR list so now it is sitting at 269. I'm trying my hardest to get it below 200 by the end of the year but I really don't see it happening. I'd currently be happy if I managed to get it below 225. However, I did recently have a look through my TBR on Goodreads and deleted a few books that I don't think I will actually ever read - I'm not even to sure how they got there anyway. Follow me via  Goodreads ,  Facebook ,  Bloglovin  and  Pinterest  and also via email to myexpandingbookshelf@gmail.com.  Feel free to leave a comment.

Book Beginnings, The Friday 56 and Feature and Follow (3 April)

Book Beginnings is a meme hosted every Friday by  Rose City Reader  where you share the first sentence (or so) of the book you are reading, along with your initial thoughts about the sentence, impressions of the book, or anything else the opener inspires.  Please remember to include the title of the book and the author’s name.

Top Ten Tuesday: Books I Wouldn't Mind Santa Leaving Me

Top Ten Tuesday is a weekly meme hosted by  The Broke and The Bookish . This week's topic is ten books I wouldn't mind Santa leaving under my tree.