Skip to main content

Dewey's 24 Hour Reverse Readathon (7 August 2021)

I'm taking part in Dewey's 24 Hour Reverse Readathon so this post will be routinely updated with my progress. I've never done a 24-hour readathon before so I honestly don't know how well I'll do. It also starts at 1 am for me so not sure when I'll be able to join... And since signing up I've been invited on a day out to another city with my parents and nephew so this probably isn't going to go well at all. Hopefully, I'll manage some reading on the train though.

Opening Survey:
What fine part of the world are you reading from today? Scotland
Which book in your stack are you most looking forward to? Carrie, Steven King
Which snack are you most looking forward to? I've no snacks planned as I will be out the house most of the day now.
Tell us a little something about yourself. I'll try reading pretty much anything. Dog mum, Scottish, WFH for the last 18 months.
If you participated in the last readathon, what's one thing you'll do different today? If this is your first readathon, what are you most looking forward to? This is my first readathon and I was hoping to get through a few books, now that I have plans we'll just need to see how I do...

Hours 1-7 (1am-8am) (I woke up a 6am)
What I've Read: The Monster Collection, Louis Stevenson, Shelley & Stoker
Currently reading:
Number of pages read: 28
Time spent reading: 1hr 20m

Hours 7-17 (8am-6pm)
What I've Read: The Monster Collection, Louis Stevenson, Shelley & Stoker
Currently reading: Carrie, Stephen King
Number of pages read: 42
Time spent reading: 1h 32m

Hours 18-20 (6pm-9pm)
What I've Read: The Monster Collection, Louis Stevenson, Shelley & Stoker
Currently reading: Carrie, Stephen King; Schindler's List, Thomas Keneally
Number of pages read: 174 
Time spent reading: 3h 54m

Hours 21-24 (9pm-1am)
What I've Read: The Monster Collection, Louis Stevenson, Shelley & Stoker; Carrie, Stephen King; My Survival: A Girl on Schindler's List, Rena Finder
Currently reading: What I Saw and How I Lied, Judy Blundell
Number of pages read: 458 (doesn't seem much, but it's also a guestimate for the audiobooks...)
Time spent reading: 7h 26m

Comments

  1. Interesting concept to have a readathon. I don't think my life is organized enough to try this, but it sure looks tempting. I'll be interested in your progress.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I didn't think I was going to do as well as I did. It's definitely worth planning for, I had so many back-up books depending on my mood. I think I'm going to try at least once more and hopefully it falls on a day where I have no plans crop up.

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Top Ten Tuesday: Ten Books Recently Added to My TBR

Top Ten Tuesday is a weekly meme hosted by  The Broke and The Bookish . This week's topic is ten books I've recently added to my TBR.

Top Ten Tuesday: Unread 2016 Releases

Top Ten Tuesday is a weekly meme hosted by  The Broke and The Bookish . This week's topic is my ten 2016 releases I meant to read but didn't get to.

Top Ten Tuesday: Underrated Books

Top Ten Tuesday is a weekly meme hosted by  The Broke and The Bookish . This week's topic is ten underrated books I've read over the past two years.