Skip to main content

The Sunday Post (8 August 2021)

     

The Sunday Post is a weekly meme hosted by Kimberly of Caffeinated Reviewer. It’s a chance to share news. A post to recap the past week on your blog and showcase books and things we have received. Share news about what is coming up on our blog for the week ahead.

I've had quite a busy week this week - especially at work where I had to write two sets of minutes. Outside of work I spent a lot of the beginning of the week weeding the garden. I hate it and it just never seems to end! On Thursday, I went to the pub quiz again with my parents and we got 23/40. Not our best week but not bad. Then on Saturday, I went on a day trip on a train with my parents and nephew. It was my nephew's first time on a train and he loved it. He particularly liked seeing all the sheep and cows in the fields. I also spent Saturday participating in Dewey's 24 Hour Reverse Readathon. I didn't read as much as I hoped, but I got to spend a whole day with my nephew so there are no complaints there.

Last Week on the Blog

This Week on the Blog

I'm just going to post as and when I can for the moment.

What I Read Last Week


Currently Reading


What I Plan to Read This Week

Book Haul

Nothing this week. 

Currently Watching

I'm now halfway through season 3 of The Handmaid's Tale. Still really enjoying it.

Currently Listening To

I actually can't think of anything I've been listening to this week other than my audiobooks.

Follow me via GoodreadsTwitterBloglovinInstagram and Email.

Feel free to leave a comment.

Comments

  1. I keep seeing people talk about the woman at the gates. Was it good?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It took me a little while to get into it, but once I did I was so invested in the story and flew through it. Definitely worth reading if you like historical/WW2 books.

      Delete
  2. I was looking forward to that readathon, but then I had to go into work on Saturday. Maybe I’ll be off for the next Dewey’s. I hope you have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww, hopefully you're able to join in for the next one. It'll be here before we know it!

      Delete
  3. I'm so sad the readathon is already over. I managed to read one book. Yay!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww, hopefully next time you're able to read more, but one book is still great!

      Delete
  4. How is Schnidlers List as a book? I have never tackled it, however I think te movie is wonderful ...( I am never sure how to describe my feelings on the movie, it seems wrong to say ..Oh I loved that movie...)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I definitely agree with you about the film. It's not a "enjoyable" film, but it's fantastic and I totally appreciate it. The book is very good so far. I'm listening to the audiobook and the narrator is very good.

      Delete
  5. Weeding the garden- not fun. :) Ours is so overgrown it takes hours to clear...

    The Woman at the Gates and what I Saw both look promising.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Mine is a bit overgrown too, and it just seems that every time I plan to work on it, it rains.

      The Woman at the Gates is pretty good. It gave a perspective to WWII that I hadn't really thought about before. What I Saw is a reread for me, I last read it probably about 12 years ago and have decided to reread before donating my copy. I'm trying to clear out my bookshelves a bit.

      Delete
  6. I"ve never read Schindlers List, but I would like to someday. Happy Reading.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's definitely an interesting read and worth the time.

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Feature and Follow (29 May)

The Feature & Follow is hosted by TWO hosts, Parajunkee of  Parajunkee’s View  and Alison of  Alison Can Read . Each host will have their own Feature Blog and this way it’ll allow us to show off more new blogs! I'm one of the featured blogs this week! Along with Amanda of  The Darling Bookworm . This week’s Question: How many books have you got on your TBR list? I recently had a bit of a cull of my TBR list so now it is sitting at 269. I'm trying my hardest to get it below 200 by the end of the year but I really don't see it happening. I'd currently be happy if I managed to get it below 225. However, I did recently have a look through my TBR on Goodreads and deleted a few books that I don't think I will actually ever read - I'm not even to sure how they got there anyway. Follow me via  Goodreads ,  Facebook ,  Bloglovin  and  Pinterest  and also via email to myexpandingbookshelf@gmail.com.  Feel free to leave a comment.

Book Beginnings, The Friday 56 and Feature and Follow (3 April)

Book Beginnings is a meme hosted every Friday by  Rose City Reader  where you share the first sentence (or so) of the book you are reading, along with your initial thoughts about the sentence, impressions of the book, or anything else the opener inspires.  Please remember to include the title of the book and the author’s name.

Top Ten Tuesday: Books I Wouldn't Mind Santa Leaving Me

Top Ten Tuesday is a weekly meme hosted by  The Broke and The Bookish . This week's topic is ten books I wouldn't mind Santa leaving under my tree.