Skip to main content

The Sunday Post (22 August 2021)

       

The Sunday Post is a weekly meme hosted by Kimberly of Caffeinated Reviewer. It’s a chance to share news. A post to recap the past week on your blog and showcase books and things we have received. Share news about what is coming up on our blog for the week ahead.

I've been on annual leave from work this week so it's been quite a quiet week. At the start of the week I took the dog to the vet for her dental surgery. It all went well as she's recovering really good. But that meant I did take a couple of lazier days on Monday and Tuesday alternating between reading and doing housework. 
I've also spent some time this week clearing out my spare room. It's taking quite a while as my spare room is where I keep all my clothes as it has the bigger wardrobes, all my books are there too as well as my WFH office space. I've been in my house almost 4 years so it was really needing done. It's amazing how quickly things accumulate.
I went to the pub quiz with my dad this week and we got 20/40. Not the best week, but even the quizmaster said the questions were harder. He hadn't had the chance to veto them as he got them too late in the day from whoever makes up the quiz questions.
I also went out for lunch and drinks with my cousin which was really nice as we hadn't had a chance to catch-up properly since Feb 2020. We're the eldest girls in the family (the next one to come along is only 5 months so it'll be a while before she joins us for drinks) so it's nice to be able to stick together amongst the boys.

Last Week on the Blog

This Week on the Blog

I'm just going to see what happens and post without a set schedule for now

What I Read Last Week

Currently Reading

What I Plan to Read This Week

Book Haul

I don't think there was anything this week.

Currently Watching

I caught up with The Handmaid's Tale so now the only episode I have left to watch is the one that is released tonight. I can't believe how quickly I watched it!

Currently Listening To

I watched my nephew a couple of times this week so there's been a lot of Baby Club Nursery Rhymes, Harry Styles, and McFly.


Follow me via GoodreadsTwitterBloglovinInstagram and Email.


Feel free to leave a comment.

Comments

  1. I have Wish You Were Here also. I've heard it's quite an emotional story. i hope we both enjoy it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I find a lot of Jodi Picoult's are emotional. Fingers crossed we both like it!

      Delete
  2. I realized today when my sister was talking about finally having her new place decorated that she's been in for a few months, that I haven't really ever decorated the house I've been living in for 2 years now. Oh well. I remember reading 1984 a long time ago, it was good. I need to read A Handmaid's Tale too, tried to listen to that audiobook, but realized it was the type of book I needed to read. I love the tv series, but want to read the book. Hope you have a good week!
    Lisa Loves Literature

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Decorating just takes forever! I don't think I've completely finished a single room yet. I didn't enjoy 1984 as much as I hoped I would and struggled through it just so I could tick it off. I hope you get the chance to read The Handmaid's Tale soon.

      Delete
  3. Things really do accumulate! I've been in my house 3 years and have recently had a sort out too... Exhausting but satisfying. :)

    Hope you have a good week!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's so exhausting, but I can't wait until I have it all done (only to start all over again in a year or so). It's so satisfying seeing the piles of donate/bin getting bigger.

      Delete
  4. We moved several years ago to where we are now, after living in a house for 20 years, oh goodness how much junk we had and didn't realize. We had a big clean out, but probably needs to be done once again. Have a great week

    Here is my link:
    https://twogirlsandtheirbookishlife.blogspot.com/2021/08/sunday-salon-august-22-2021.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's just amazing how it accumulates! Why do we keep things that we know we won't need but "just in case"?

      Delete
  5. Quiet weeks can be nice. Glad you had a good one! I've only watched the first season of The Handmaid's Tale... I should really catch up at some point. See if things get any better? that first season I was like gah!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was so nice! I really recommend watching the rest of The Handmaid's Tale. I've just been completely hooked (and angry quite a lot)

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Feature and Follow (29 May)

The Feature & Follow is hosted by TWO hosts, Parajunkee of  Parajunkee’s View  and Alison of  Alison Can Read . Each host will have their own Feature Blog and this way it’ll allow us to show off more new blogs! I'm one of the featured blogs this week! Along with Amanda of  The Darling Bookworm . This week’s Question: How many books have you got on your TBR list? I recently had a bit of a cull of my TBR list so now it is sitting at 269. I'm trying my hardest to get it below 200 by the end of the year but I really don't see it happening. I'd currently be happy if I managed to get it below 225. However, I did recently have a look through my TBR on Goodreads and deleted a few books that I don't think I will actually ever read - I'm not even to sure how they got there anyway. Follow me via  Goodreads ,  Facebook ,  Bloglovin  and  Pinterest  and also via email to myexpandingbookshelf@gmail.com.  Feel free to leave a comment.

Top Ten Tuesday: Unread 2016 Releases

Top Ten Tuesday is a weekly meme hosted by  The Broke and The Bookish . This week's topic is my ten 2016 releases I meant to read but didn't get to.

Book Beginnings,The Friday 56 and Feature and Follow (22 May)

Book Beginnings is a meme hosted every Friday by  Rose City Reader  where you share the first sentence (or so) of the book you are reading, along with your initial thoughts about the sentence, impressions of the book, or anything else the opener inspires.  Please remember to include the title of the book and the author’s name.