Skip to main content

Book Review: Dear Amy, Helen Callaghan

Dear Amy

Title: Dear Amy
Author: Helen Callaghan
Published: 16/06/2016, Penguin
Pages: 400
Source: Netgalley
Format: Ebook
Rating: DNF (34%)
Margot Lewis is the agony aunt for The Cambridge Examiner. Her advice column, Dear Amy, gets all kinds of letters - but none like the one she's just received:
Dear Amy,
I don't know where I am. I've been kidnapped and am being held prisoner by a strange man. I'm afraid he'll kill me.
Please help me soon,
Bethan Avery
Bethan Avery has been missing for years. This is surely some cruel hoax. But, as more letters arrive, they contain information that was never made public. How is this happening? Answering this question will cost Margot everything...

I had such high expectation for Dear Amy. I thought it would be right up my street, but I just couldn't get into it. at one point, I began to feel like I was forcing myself to read. I spent almost 2 weeks trying to read Dear Amy and I only reached 34%. I don't take two weeks to read a book this size, ever.

I felt that I just couldn't connect with Margot whatsoever. I honestly felt that she was a bit boring, even with her slightly mysterious past. I also felt that the pacing was a bit slow. it just didn't grip me or hook me in.

I wouldn't really say there is anything particularly bad about Dear Amy. It does seem a nice enough book. It's just not for me at this particular timer. I'm sure others (especially looking at Goodreads) will find Dear Amy very enjoyable.




Follow me via GoodreadsTwitterBloglovin, Instagram, and Pinterest.

Feel free to leave a comment.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Top Ten Tuesday: Ten Books Recently Added to My TBR

Top Ten Tuesday is a weekly meme hosted by  The Broke and The Bookish . This week's topic is ten books I've recently added to my TBR.

Top Ten Tuesday: Unread 2016 Releases

Top Ten Tuesday is a weekly meme hosted by  The Broke and The Bookish . This week's topic is my ten 2016 releases I meant to read but didn't get to.

Top Ten Tuesday: Underrated Books

Top Ten Tuesday is a weekly meme hosted by  The Broke and The Bookish . This week's topic is ten underrated books I've read over the past two years.