Skip to main content

The Sunday Post (28 November 2021)

                

The Sunday Post is a weekly meme hosted by Kimberly of Caffeinated Reviewer. It’s a chance to share news. A post to recap the past week on your blog and showcase books and things we have received. Share news about what is coming up on our blog for the week ahead.

It's been a dramatic week here. On Friday, Storm Arwen made herself known and caused complete havoc. I was sent home from work early which was a good thing because all public transport was cancelled. Whole villages have ended up stranded due to downed trees. Whole towns have lost power for days! Thankfully, I've not been too badly affected. Just a couple of broken fence panels. My brother, however, ended up losing power for around 15 hours and had two trees fall onto his house (thankfully not too much damage though).

On a positive note, I have managed to do a bit more Christmas shopping and only have a couple of bits left to get. I have also made the most of the Waterstones Black Friday deal and ordered a lot of pre-orders. A bit of a Christmas present for myself.

Last Week on the Blog

This Week on the Blog

Not sure yet...

What I Read Over the Last Week

Currently Reading

What I Plan to Read This Week



Feel free to leave a comment.

Comments

  1. Oh! I'm sorry too hear about the storm and your brother! I hope the situation gets settled soon! You have some interesting reads there! I'm curious about Wild Swans. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thankfully there was not too much damage in the end. Wild Swans was interesting but I've had to put it down for now. Hopefully I can revisit it soon.

      Delete
  2. Whoa! I'm so glad you're ok after that storm. Nice book haul!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Book Beginnings, The Friday 56 and Feature and Follow (10 April)

Book Beginnings is a meme hosted every Friday by  Rose City Reader  where you share the first sentence (or so) of the book you are reading, along with your initial thoughts about the sentence, impressions of the book, or anything else the opener inspires.  Please remember to include the title of the book and the author’s name.

Top Ten Tuesdays: Summer Reads

Top Ten Tuesday is a weekly meme hosted by  The Broke and The Bookish . This week's topic is top ten great beach/summer reads. I will read anything at any time of the year and I haven't been near a beach in six years so I'm just going to make a top ten of books I plan to read in the next month or so. Of course, there is a high probability that his may change slightly.

Top Ten Tuesday: Books I'd Give to Someone That Doesn't Like Reading (2 November 2021)

                  Top Ten Tuesday is a weekly meme hosted by  That Artsy Reader Girl . This week's topic is books I'd give to someone that doesn't like reading. It's a very short list this week but I'm basing it off my sister-in-law who doesn't read much but these are books she enjoyed.