Skip to main content

The Sunday Post (28 November 2021)

                

The Sunday Post is a weekly meme hosted by Kimberly of Caffeinated Reviewer. It’s a chance to share news. A post to recap the past week on your blog and showcase books and things we have received. Share news about what is coming up on our blog for the week ahead.

It's been a dramatic week here. On Friday, Storm Arwen made herself known and caused complete havoc. I was sent home from work early which was a good thing because all public transport was cancelled. Whole villages have ended up stranded due to downed trees. Whole towns have lost power for days! Thankfully, I've not been too badly affected. Just a couple of broken fence panels. My brother, however, ended up losing power for around 15 hours and had two trees fall onto his house (thankfully not too much damage though).

On a positive note, I have managed to do a bit more Christmas shopping and only have a couple of bits left to get. I have also made the most of the Waterstones Black Friday deal and ordered a lot of pre-orders. A bit of a Christmas present for myself.

Last Week on the Blog

This Week on the Blog

Not sure yet...

What I Read Over the Last Week

Currently Reading

What I Plan to Read This Week



Feel free to leave a comment.

Comments

  1. Oh! I'm sorry too hear about the storm and your brother! I hope the situation gets settled soon! You have some interesting reads there! I'm curious about Wild Swans. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thankfully there was not too much damage in the end. Wild Swans was interesting but I've had to put it down for now. Hopefully I can revisit it soon.

      Delete
  2. Whoa! I'm so glad you're ok after that storm. Nice book haul!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Top Ten Tuesday: Ten Books Recently Added to My TBR

Top Ten Tuesday is a weekly meme hosted by  The Broke and The Bookish . This week's topic is ten books I've recently added to my TBR.

Top Ten Tuesday: Unread 2016 Releases

Top Ten Tuesday is a weekly meme hosted by  The Broke and The Bookish . This week's topic is my ten 2016 releases I meant to read but didn't get to.

Top Ten Tuesday: Underrated Books

Top Ten Tuesday is a weekly meme hosted by  The Broke and The Bookish . This week's topic is ten underrated books I've read over the past two years.