I saw this tag a while back on Downright Dystopian so thought I’d give it a go! Feel free to take part too!
1. Do you have a certain place for reading at home?
Kind of… I tend to read in my bed a lot, but I read on the sofa or in the garden too.
2. Bookmark or random piece of paper?
3. Can you just stop reading or do you have to stop after a chapter or a certain number of pages?
I can just stop reading if need be. Years of taking buses to university led me to doing so. However, I do much prefer to stop after a chapter - but then sometimes I can't stop.
4. Do you eat or drink when reading?
Sometimes, usually just snacks/sweeties though. I don’t like trying to read whilst eating a meal – I don’t have enough hands - though I still do it.
5. Do you watch TV or listen to music whilst reading?
When I read in the living room, my parents tend to have the TV on too. So I can read with it on. It also depends what I’m reading as to whether I can listen to music or not. I mean when I was at university it had to be classical/movie scores or the lyrics would just distract me.
6. One book at a time or several at once?
Mostly one book at a time, but if it’s a particularly difficult/long book, I will read something a bit lighter at the same time.
7. Reading at home or everywhere?
8. Reading out loud or silently in your head?
In my head! Do people actually read out loud to themselves?
9. Do you ever read ahead or skip passages?
Only if I can’t avoid it.
10. Breaking the spine or keeping it new?
This one is a hard one for me. I do like to keep my books new but then I also like the visual of books I have read on my shelf. So it really depends how I’m feeling on a particular day.
11. Do you write in your books?
Nope! Not even in my university books. If I need to mark something I will use a post-it.
12. What are you currently reading?
Lair of Dreams, Libba Bray - Not too sure about it at the moment.
Follow me via Goodreads, Facebook, Twitter, Bloglovin and Pinterest and also via email to email@example.com.
Feel free to leave a comment.