Skip to main content

Musing Mondays (2 March)

MusingMondays5
Musing Mondays is a weekly meme that asks you to choose one of the following prompts to answer:
  • I’m currently reading…
  • Up next I think I’ll read…
  • I bought the following book(s) in the past week…
  • I’m super excited to tell you about (book/author/bookish-news)…
  • I’m really upset by (book/author/bookish-news)…
  • I can’t wait to get a copy of…
  • I wish I could read ___, but…
  • I blogged about ____ this past week…

So, last week I finally got around to buying Markus Zusak's The Book Thief. I have been meaning to buy this for years as I have heard lots of great reviews and I love (but rarely read) books set during World War II. Not quite sure when I will get round to reading it as I have such a long TBR list already.








THIS WEEK’S RANDOM QUESTION: What’s your favorite genre? Why?

This is a difficult question for me to answer. I will read almost anything but I suppose the genres I read the most are YA and fantasy with a few classics in there as well.


Comments

  1. I don't read a lot of YA or fantasy...although I have chosen several YA books this year that I enjoyed.

    Here are my BLUE MONDAYS MUSINGS

    ReplyDelete
  2. Book Thief - smashing book - get to it sooner rather than later - very diff. from most war books.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I really can't wait to read it... I have a couple of books I'm in the middle of reading so I'm thinking of going straight on to Book Thief once their finished.

      Delete
  3. Oh The Book Thief is a wonderful book. I've not read too many YA books, my favourite genre is crime fiction although with a healthy smattering of historical and contemporary fiction thrown into the mix!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't think I've really read any crime fiction but I've had The Girl With The Dragon Tattoo for ages and just need to get round to reading it!

      Delete
  4. I love fantasy, too, I read it more than anything else.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Feature and Follow (29 May)

The Feature & Follow is hosted by TWO hosts, Parajunkee of  Parajunkee’s View  and Alison of  Alison Can Read . Each host will have their own Feature Blog and this way it’ll allow us to show off more new blogs! I'm one of the featured blogs this week! Along with Amanda of  The Darling Bookworm . This week’s Question: How many books have you got on your TBR list? I recently had a bit of a cull of my TBR list so now it is sitting at 269. I'm trying my hardest to get it below 200 by the end of the year but I really don't see it happening. I'd currently be happy if I managed to get it below 225. However, I did recently have a look through my TBR on Goodreads and deleted a few books that I don't think I will actually ever read - I'm not even to sure how they got there anyway. Follow me via  Goodreads ,  Facebook ,  Bloglovin  and  Pinterest  and also via email to myexpandingbookshelf@gmail.com.  Feel free to leave a comment.

Book Beginnings, The Friday 56 and Feature and Follow (3 April)

Book Beginnings is a meme hosted every Friday by  Rose City Reader  where you share the first sentence (or so) of the book you are reading, along with your initial thoughts about the sentence, impressions of the book, or anything else the opener inspires.  Please remember to include the title of the book and the author’s name.

Top Ten Tuesday: Books I Wouldn't Mind Santa Leaving Me

Top Ten Tuesday is a weekly meme hosted by  The Broke and The Bookish . This week's topic is ten books I wouldn't mind Santa leaving under my tree.