I used to use my local library all the time when I was in school. Source I even spent every lunchtime in my school's library. My friends and I were pupil librarians and we practically had the run of the whole library. And then, when I started University, the only library I had time for was the University library. And that wasn't an enjoyable experience. However, last summer I started going to my local library again. (I then had to stop again when I got my job.) And unfortunately, I was pretty disappointed. Source The availability sucks. I can deal with books I want that are already out on loan. It's the complete lack of decent books the library has on its system that gets to me. All those months I went to the library last year and I never left with a book that was already on my TBR. I walked around that place looking at my Goodreads trying to find any book on that list. And I couldn't find any at all (except for the Classics). To be honest, I ...
The Book Thief is one of my all time favorite novels, so I'm glad you enjoyed it. I also love Perks and Warm Bodies as well! Thank you for sharing :)
ReplyDeleteMy TTT
I loved The Book Thief, it just had such a unique aspect to it that I hadn't seen before. And Warm Bodies was just utter brilliance.
DeleteThanks for visiting!
Thanks for sharing your favorites of 2015 (so far). Wallflower was such an emotional read.
ReplyDeleteHere are my Top Ten favorites of 2015 so far!
I know, you really feel for Charlie!
DeleteThanks for visiting x
Good teaser! I've read a few of your top books so far
ReplyDeleteThanks for visiting!
DeleteNice Teaser. Here is mine
ReplyDeletehttp://totallyaddictedtoreading.blogspot.com/2015/06/teaser-tuesday-17.html
Thanks for visiting :)
DeleteI'm curious about this one, as I've seen it a few times and curious if it was suicide or murder.
ReplyDeleteIt was an interesting read, I'm still not too sure about how much I actually liked it but it was interesting all the same.
DeleteInteresting, I don't know whether I would have picked that one up, but the teaser is intriguing.
ReplyDeleteMy teaser this week is from an inspirational novel, which I really enjoyed:
http://pdworkman.com/excerpt-from-the-language-of-sparrows/
Yeah, it was quite an interesting and slightly unusual read.
DeleteNice selection for your top ten. My YA teaser this week comes from Silver in the Blood by Jessica Day George. Happy reading!
ReplyDeleteThanks for visiting!
DeleteI loved The Perks of Being a Wallflower movie and I am sure the book is so much better. Great list!
ReplyDeleteThe book is so good and there really isn't much that you could fault with the movie either - it was a brilliant adaption.
DeleteI can't wait to read The Stars Never Rise! It sounds so good!
ReplyDeleteMy TTT
Lizzie @ Lizzie the Sarcastic Blonde
Yes! You should totally read it! I really cannot wait for book 2 already! I wish it would hurry up haha!
DeleteThat's quite a teaser! It definitely piqued my interest.
ReplyDeleteThank you for sharing your top ten list. :-) I loved The Book Thief when I read it--and Dracula--so good!
Thanks for visiting!
DeleteYes, Suicide Notes was a pretty interesting and unusual read.