Skip to main content

December Wrap Up (2021)

And now it's 2022! Where did the past year go! I've not had a great reading month. It took me exactly two weeks to read one book. That rarely happens to me!

Books Read

I read a total of 5 books and 2,320 pages so by page count I didn't do too badly actually.

Average rating

3.6 - This seems pretty average for me this month. I'm gutted that I had no 5 star reads after my fantastic November picks though.

Most Read Source

Borrowed - This is the same as last month, and again it doesn't surprise me. Trying to make the most of Kindle Unlimited while I have it for free and I'm also trying to use my library more for books I don't think I'll ever reread.

Most Read Format

Physical - No surprised here either.

Most Read Genre

Fantasy - It was quite a varied month for genre and there were actually only two fantasies.

Most Read Age Range

Adult - Totally as expected.

Favourite read

I was hooked from the very beginning. I really enjoyed the second-person narrative and found it so immersive. Also really enjoyed the character of Joe, even though he's not a great person at all!




Worst read

I did enjoy this, it was still a 3 star read. But I struggled through it and it took me so long to finish it!

Blog posts

Reviews:

Illuminae, Amie Kaufman & Jay Kristoff

Battle Royale, Houshun Takami

Final Girls Riley Sager

How to Stop Time, Matt Haig

Gilded, Marissa Meyer

The Love Hypothesis, Ali Hazelwood

Gemina, Amie Kaufman & Jay Kristoff

Obsidio, Amie Kaufman & Jay Kristoff

Top Ten Tuesday:

Books I Want to Re-Read by This Time Next Year

Books on My Winter TBR

Books I Hope Santa Brings

Best Books I Read in 2021

Other posts:

Books I Said I'd Read in Autumn...

Bout of Books 33 Sign-Up


Follow me via GoodreadsTwitterBloglovinInstagram and Email.

Feel free to leave a comment.

Comments

  1. Looks like you had a good month of reading. Any reading is good reading in my book!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Exactly! As long as I'm reading I can't complain!

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Feature and Follow (29 May)

The Feature & Follow is hosted by TWO hosts, Parajunkee of  Parajunkee’s View  and Alison of  Alison Can Read . Each host will have their own Feature Blog and this way it’ll allow us to show off more new blogs! I'm one of the featured blogs this week! Along with Amanda of  The Darling Bookworm . This week’s Question: How many books have you got on your TBR list? I recently had a bit of a cull of my TBR list so now it is sitting at 269. I'm trying my hardest to get it below 200 by the end of the year but I really don't see it happening. I'd currently be happy if I managed to get it below 225. However, I did recently have a look through my TBR on Goodreads and deleted a few books that I don't think I will actually ever read - I'm not even to sure how they got there anyway. Follow me via  Goodreads ,  Facebook ,  Bloglovin  and  Pinterest  and also via email to myexpandingbookshelf@gmail.com.  Feel free to leave a comment.

Top Ten Tuesday: Ten Books Recently Added to My TBR

Top Ten Tuesday is a weekly meme hosted by  The Broke and The Bookish . This week's topic is ten books I've recently added to my TBR.

Top Ten Tuesday: Unread 2016 Releases

Top Ten Tuesday is a weekly meme hosted by  The Broke and The Bookish . This week's topic is my ten 2016 releases I meant to read but didn't get to.