Skip to main content

The Sunday Post (31 January)

Sunday Post
The Sunday Post is a weekly meme hosted by Kimberly of Caffeinated Book Reviewer. It’s a chance to share our news. A post to recap the past week on your blog and showcase books and things we have received. Share news about what is coming up on our blog for the week ahead.

I can't believe it's the end of January already. It seems like it's been ages since we brought in the New Year, but tomorrow is February!

I've had a very busy week of visiting friends and family this week. On Monday, I visited one of my friends from University and her baby boy. It's unbelievable how much he has grown since I last saw him! But it was a lovely catch up and just reminds us that we need to do it more often.

Then on Tuesday, it was my godmum's twin daughters 6th birthday. So we visited them and helped build a few toys and ate cake. And on Wednesday, it was my Granny's birthday and she turned 65th, so my brother, our cousins and I went together and bought her a cute tree print with all our names  and date of births on it.

On Friday, I had a wine and movie night with my brothers girlfriend. We watched Zoolander again, then watched The Brothers Grimm, with Matt Damon and Heath Ledger. It was actually an okay film. I also got a ton of blogging down whilst watching them too.

On Saturday night, we had a massive family meal for my granny's birthday. My main course was okay, but my dessert was heaven - pear and caramel cheesecake. You have to try it.

Last Week on the Blog:

This Week on the Blog:

I will be taking a week off from posting this week to get caught up on my reading and comments. I will also try and get a few posts scheduled in advance for the next few months.

Around the Blogosphere:

Shannon @ It Starts at Midnight asks Do These Books Deserve Precious Shelf Space?
Bee @ Quite the Novel Idea talks about Uncertain Sequels and the Suffering They Bring.
Tracey @ Cornerfolds asks What is Dystopia Really?

What I Read Last Week:

Red Queen (Red Queen, #1)

Currently Reading:

Nothing at the moment...

What I Plan to Read Next Week:


Follow me via GoodreadsFacebookTwitterBloglovin, and Pinterest.

Feel free to leave a comment.

Comments

  1. The Great Gatsby is such a wonderful novel, although it's a little sad. I hope you'll enjoy it :)

    Aeriko @ The Reading Armchair

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! It's one I've been meaning to read for ages!

      Delete
  2. I liked your Fangirl review. I read it a while back but really liked it- and Reagan was one of my favorite characters. :) Levi and cath were great.

    Nice post on DNF's. I agree with you, you have to be honest in your reviews but you are cognizant of the authors' feelings too. That's nice, and there's been a lot of discussion about this lately. I think you handle it well.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww, thank you so much! All the characters in Fangirl were so brilliantly done. And as I said, authors have my respect just for trying, so I don't want to hurt their feelings.

      Delete
  3. The Great Gatsby is one of my all time favorite reads! Happy reading!
    Krystianna @ Downright Dystopian

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sounds like you've had a lovely month! I can't believe it's gone so fast either O.O have fun on your blogging break and happy reading!
    Enchanted by YA

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I just keep wondering where the time is going, I don't know if it's just because I'm getting older or times been sped up haha!

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Feature and Follow (29 May)

The Feature & Follow is hosted by TWO hosts, Parajunkee of  Parajunkee’s View  and Alison of  Alison Can Read . Each host will have their own Feature Blog and this way it’ll allow us to show off more new blogs! I'm one of the featured blogs this week! Along with Amanda of  The Darling Bookworm . This week’s Question: How many books have you got on your TBR list? I recently had a bit of a cull of my TBR list so now it is sitting at 269. I'm trying my hardest to get it below 200 by the end of the year but I really don't see it happening. I'd currently be happy if I managed to get it below 225. However, I did recently have a look through my TBR on Goodreads and deleted a few books that I don't think I will actually ever read - I'm not even to sure how they got there anyway. Follow me via  Goodreads ,  Facebook ,  Bloglovin  and  Pinterest  and also via email to myexpandingbookshelf@gmail.com.  Feel free to leave a comment.

Top Ten Tuesday: Books I'm Looking Forward to in 2017

Top Ten Tuesday is a weekly meme hosted by  The Broke and The Bookish . This week's topic is five books I'm looking forward to in the first half of 2017. Only five because I'm rubbish at planning ahead when it come to new releases.

Top Ten Tuesday: Books I'd Want on a Desert Island (27 July 2021)

        Top Ten Tuesday is a weekly meme hosted by  That Artsy Reader Girl . This week's topic is books I'd want with me whilst stranded on a desert island. I've decided to split this into my favourite books that I'd want to reread and the longest books I still have on my TBR as I'd get the chance to attempt to read them if I was stuck on a deser island.