Skip to main content

The Sunday Post (24 January)

Sunday Post
The Sunday Post is a weekly meme hosted by Kimberly of Caffeinated Book Reviewer. It’s a chance to share our news. A post to recap the past week on your blog and showcase books and things we have received. Share news about what is coming up on our blog for the week ahead.

This week I've had a quiet week and a super busy weekend. I didn't do much during the week, but managed to get a fair bit of reading done. I also had a lonely day at work on Friday as I was the only one in the office for the majority of the day.

One Friday, I received an awesome email from Netgalley informing me that I have been auto-approved for Sourcebooks Fire! I couldn't believe it! It's my very first auto-approval and I swear I was cheesing all day. But this also means that I have to try and exercise a lot more control over the books I request.

I then had the hairdressers on Saturday morning so I had plenty of time to sit and read whilst getting my hair done. It was great uninterrupted reading.

Then on Saturday night, I had a night out with the girls. It got pretty messy and I felt it on Sunday, which is why this has been posted on Monday...

Last Week on the Blog:

This Week on the Blog:

Monday - Book Review: Fangirl, Rainbow Rowell
Tuesday - Top Ten Tuesday
Thursday - ARC Review: The Truth, Jeffry W. Johnston
Friday - Discussion: DNF Reviews

What I Read Last Week:

When Everything Feels Like the Movies

What I Plan to Read Next Week:


Follow me via GoodreadsFacebookTwitterBloglovin, and Pinterest.

Feel free to leave a comment.

Comments

  1. Congrats on the auto approval! Glad it was a good week. I was curious about riders of the Purple Sage as my grandparents had a lot of those kinds of books around when I ws a kid, and titles like that seemed so evocative. But I've never actually tried one of those old westerns. :) Not sure I want to but I still fondly remember all those books.

    Red Queen seems to be getting a lot of good buzz.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you very much! I wouldn't say Riders of the Purple Sage was a great read and I'm not sure if I will try an old western again. But I'm glad I did.

      I've only just started Red Queen so can't really comment on it yet.

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Feature and Follow (29 May)

The Feature & Follow is hosted by TWO hosts, Parajunkee of  Parajunkee’s View  and Alison of  Alison Can Read . Each host will have their own Feature Blog and this way it’ll allow us to show off more new blogs! I'm one of the featured blogs this week! Along with Amanda of  The Darling Bookworm . This week’s Question: How many books have you got on your TBR list? I recently had a bit of a cull of my TBR list so now it is sitting at 269. I'm trying my hardest to get it below 200 by the end of the year but I really don't see it happening. I'd currently be happy if I managed to get it below 225. However, I did recently have a look through my TBR on Goodreads and deleted a few books that I don't think I will actually ever read - I'm not even to sure how they got there anyway. Follow me via  Goodreads ,  Facebook ,  Bloglovin  and  Pinterest  and also via email to myexpandingbookshelf@gmail.com.  Feel free to leave a comment.

Top Ten Tuesday: Books I'm Looking Forward to in 2017

Top Ten Tuesday is a weekly meme hosted by  The Broke and The Bookish . This week's topic is five books I'm looking forward to in the first half of 2017. Only five because I'm rubbish at planning ahead when it come to new releases.

Top Ten Tuesday: Books I'd Want on a Desert Island (27 July 2021)

        Top Ten Tuesday is a weekly meme hosted by  That Artsy Reader Girl . This week's topic is books I'd want with me whilst stranded on a desert island. I've decided to split this into my favourite books that I'd want to reread and the longest books I still have on my TBR as I'd get the chance to attempt to read them if I was stuck on a deser island.