Skip to main content

The Sunday Post (3 January)

Sunday Post
The Sunday Post is a weekly meme hosted by Kimberly of Caffeinated Book Reviewer. It’s a chance to share news. A post to recap the past week on your blog and showcase books and things we have received. Share news about what is coming up on our blog for the week ahead.

It's been another busy week this week and I didn't get nearly as much reading or blogging done. I started my annual clear out of clothes and books. I was fairly successful clearing out my clothes and have got rid of 2 bag loads, but then I bought some new clothes with Christmas vouchers so I still don't have much space. I only clear out books that I either DNF or rate 1 star, therefore I only got rid of 1 physical book this year. I have decided that books I rate 2 or 3 stars will go onto the top shelf of my wardrobe at the moment. Unfortunately, that was only 3 books...

On Thursday, we celebrated Hogmanay here in Scotland. So we went out to the local pub to a Hogmanay family party. It was really good, even though there were (what seemed like) hundreds of screaming kids. Our family and my Auntie, Uncle and Cousins were there too so it was a great family night.

On Friday, we had a lazy day until we went to my Auntie and Uncle's house for a few drinks. We then all first footed a family friend.

And then, on Saturday, we all had our big family meal at my Granny and Granda's house. So, all in all, it was a great week filled with far too much alcohol!


This Week on the Blog:

Monday - ARC Review: This Is Where It Ends, Marieke Nijkamp
Tuesday - Top Ten Tuesday: Ten resolutions for 2016
Thursday - ARC Review: Diverging Cadence (Cadence #2), Katie Hamstead

What I Read Last Week:

Unfortunately, I didn't finish anything


Currently Reading:

The Secret Garden
The Secret Garden, Frances Hodgson Burnett

What I Plan to Read Next Week:

Riders of the Purple Sage
Riders of the Purple Sage, Zane Grey

Book Haul:

Again, no new books this week.

Follow me via GoodreadsFacebookTwitterBloglovin, and Pinterest.

Feel free to leave a comment.

Comments

  1. I've been wanting to check out The Secret Garden for a while now!
    Krystianna @ Downright Dystopian

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm enjoying it so far though I've watched the film so many times that I keep getting deja vu.

      Delete
  2. Happy Reading, very nice reads you have there. I have heard of The Purple Sage, but haven't read it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks very much! I can't wait to give something different a go.

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Feature and Follow (29 May)

The Feature & Follow is hosted by TWO hosts, Parajunkee of  Parajunkee’s View  and Alison of  Alison Can Read . Each host will have their own Feature Blog and this way it’ll allow us to show off more new blogs! I'm one of the featured blogs this week! Along with Amanda of  The Darling Bookworm . This week’s Question: How many books have you got on your TBR list? I recently had a bit of a cull of my TBR list so now it is sitting at 269. I'm trying my hardest to get it below 200 by the end of the year but I really don't see it happening. I'd currently be happy if I managed to get it below 225. However, I did recently have a look through my TBR on Goodreads and deleted a few books that I don't think I will actually ever read - I'm not even to sure how they got there anyway. Follow me via  Goodreads ,  Facebook ,  Bloglovin  and  Pinterest  and also via email to myexpandingbookshelf@gmail.com.  Feel free to leave a comment.

Top Ten Tuesday: Books I'm Looking Forward to in 2017

Top Ten Tuesday is a weekly meme hosted by  The Broke and The Bookish . This week's topic is five books I'm looking forward to in the first half of 2017. Only five because I'm rubbish at planning ahead when it come to new releases.

Top Ten Tuesday: Books I Wish Had More Pages

Top Ten Tuesday is a weekly meme hosted by  The Broke and The Bookish . This week's topic is ten books I wish had more X in them... so I'm going to go with ten books I wish had more pages. Basically, books I could have just carried on reading.