Skip to main content

Book Review: The Two-Night One-Night Stand, Ryan Ringbloom

The Two-Night One-Night Stand

Title: The Two-Night One-Night Stand
Author: Ryan Ringbloom
Published: 29/09/2016, Ryan Ringbloom
Pages: 152
Source: Netgalley
Format: Ebook
Rating: 5/5
A girl. A guy. And a talking peen.
Holly Martin isn't the type to have a one-night stand. But a crushing break up, a sexy blind date, and a few shots of Fireball is about to change all that.
Matthew Daniels is an introverted PA who claims he's too busy to date. But that doesn't stop his older brothers from encouraging him to let loose and get out there, because as they put it - the right girl won't just walk up to you.
But what is she does?
Is it possible for a one-night stand that happens twice, to actually become more? Could two nights of reckless debauchery actually lead to true love? Or is this just another case of a whisky induced disaster?
The Romantic Comedy is sure to have you laughing, cringing, rolling your eyes, shouting at the pages and looking for a shot glass of your own.
**This book contains mature content (and immature content). It is intended for adult readers.

The Two-Night One-Night Stand has most definitely confirmed that I need to read more New Adult. Nine times out of ten I love them and this hilarious masterpiece is no different.

The Two-Night One-Night Stand is the story of a guy and girl in their mid-twenties who accidentally have a one-night stand, not once, but twice. This is romantic comedy at its finest and it was just hilarious from start to finish. I was in absolute hysterics. It's a very fun and quick read, and definitely for mature readers only.

Both the main characters, Holly and Matthew, were just fantastic and I loved them. Holly is just plain hilarious. I could not get enough of her. I felt I could relate to her too as I also lack any form of a brain-to-mouth filter when I've had a drink. And, also like Holly, I'm pretty sure I'm in the process of being set up with a guy and, like Holly, I'm fairly reluctant. I just found Holly so fun and sassy and I want to be her friend in real life!

Matthew is just so... cute and sexy and adorable and hot. I love, love, love him and his nerdiness. He is just so adorably awkward too. Best of all, he isn't an asshole like so many men in New Adult fiction. And his "talking peen" had me in complete stitches. I so want someone like Matthew in my life. He is definitely a new book boyfriend for me.

The Two-Night One-Night Stand is told from the alternating perspectives of Holly and Matthew and each of their inner monologues is hysterical. I did feel that their story is slightly predictable, but I didn't care! Their story was just so hilarious that it kept my attention easily and I wish it was longer. Plus, there are a few twists along the way that did leave me questioning how it would all end. But, the ending is just perfection.

I would definitely recommend The Two-Night One-Night Stand to fans of hilariously funny new adult fiction. If you are a fan of Alice Clayton's Wallbanger, I can definitely see you enjoying this. I cannot wait to read more by Ryan Ringbloom also.




Follow me via GoodreadsTwitterBloglovin, and Pinterest.

Feel free to leave a comment.

Comments

  1. Thank you so much for reading and reviewing! This will have me smiling all weekend! Love, Ryan

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Feature and Follow (29 May)

The Feature & Follow is hosted by TWO hosts, Parajunkee of  Parajunkee’s View  and Alison of  Alison Can Read . Each host will have their own Feature Blog and this way it’ll allow us to show off more new blogs! I'm one of the featured blogs this week! Along with Amanda of  The Darling Bookworm . This week’s Question: How many books have you got on your TBR list? I recently had a bit of a cull of my TBR list so now it is sitting at 269. I'm trying my hardest to get it below 200 by the end of the year but I really don't see it happening. I'd currently be happy if I managed to get it below 225. However, I did recently have a look through my TBR on Goodreads and deleted a few books that I don't think I will actually ever read - I'm not even to sure how they got there anyway. Follow me via  Goodreads ,  Facebook ,  Bloglovin  and  Pinterest  and also via email to myexpandingbookshelf@gmail.com.  Feel free to leave a comment.

Top Ten Tuesday: Books I'm Looking Forward to in 2017

Top Ten Tuesday is a weekly meme hosted by  The Broke and The Bookish . This week's topic is five books I'm looking forward to in the first half of 2017. Only five because I'm rubbish at planning ahead when it come to new releases.

Top Ten Tuesday: Books I Wish Had More Pages

Top Ten Tuesday is a weekly meme hosted by  The Broke and The Bookish . This week's topic is ten books I wish had more X in them... so I'm going to go with ten books I wish had more pages. Basically, books I could have just carried on reading.