Skip to main content

Top Ten Tuesday: Series I NEED to Finish


Top Ten Tuesday is a weekly meme hosted by The Broke and The Bookish. This week's topic is a freebie. So, looking at the past topics, I have decided to go for Top Ten Series I NEED to Finish.

Mr Mercedes (Bill Hodges Trilogy, #1)Finders Keepers (Bill Hodges Trilogy, #2)End of Watch (Bill Hodges Trilogy, #3)
I've read Mr Mercedes, and I own but haven't read Finders Keepers.

Wallbanger (Cocktail, #1)Rusty Nailed (Cocktail, #2)Screwdrivered (Cocktail, #3)Mai Tai'd Up (Cocktail, #4)Last Call (Cocktail, #4.5)
I've read Wallbanger and Rusty Nailed, but really need to read the last 3.

Eragon (The Inheritance Cycle, #1)Eldest (The Inheritance Cycle, #2)Brisingr  (The Inheritance Cycle, #3)Inheritance (The Inheritance Cycle, #4)
I've read the first 3 and I've owned a copy of Inheritance since it came out yet haven;t got around to reading it.

The Next Together (The Next Together #1)The Last Beginning (The Next Together, #2)
I read The Next Together back in December, then bought The Last Beginning straight away. I hope I can read it in the next few months.

The Selection (The Selection, #1)The Elite (The Selection, #2)The One (The Selection, #3)The Heir (The Selection, #4)The Crown (The Selection, #5)
I've read the first four and I own The Crown, but I've been meaning to read it for about a year now.

Wicked: The Life and Times of the Wicked Witch of the WestSon of a Witch (The Wicked Years #2)A Lion Among MenOut of Oz (Wicked Years, #4)
I read Wicked last year, then bought Son of a Witch almost straight away... still need to continue though.

Warm BodiesThe New HungerThe Burning World  (Warm Bodies, #2)
Warm Bodies is one of my all-time favourites and I own a copy of The New Hunger and haven't read it yet. I also have The Burning World on pre-order so I think I might just binge read the series once it's out.

Darkly Dreaming Dexter (Dexter, #1)Dearly Devoted Dexter (Dexter, #2)Dexter in the Dark (Dexter, #3)Dexter By Design (Dexter, #4)Dexter Is Delicious (Dexter, #5)Double Dexter (Dexter #6)Dexter's Final Cut (Dexter, #7)Dexter Is Dead (Dexter, #8)
I read Darkly Dreaming Dexter last year, loved it and bought the second one and it's still sitting unread.

A Study in ScarletThe Sign of FourThe Adventures of Sherlock Holmes (Sherlock Holmes, #3)The Memoirs of Sherlock Holmes (Sherlock Holmes, #4)The Hound of the Baskervilles (Sherlock Holmes, #5)The Return of Sherlock HolmesThe Valley of Fear (Sherlock Holmes, #7)His Last Bow: 8 Stories (Sherlock Holmes, #8)The Case-Book of Sherlock Holmes (Sherlock Holmes, #9)
I read A Study in Scarlet last year and have newly acquired The Sign of Four, so I'm slowly working my way through these. (Note: I couldn't be bothered trying to find matching covers for this post)

City of Bones (The Mortal Instruments, #1)City of Ashes (The Mortal Instruments, #2)City of Glass (The Mortal Instruments, #3)City of Fallen Angels (The Mortal Instruments, #4)City of Lost Souls (The Mortal Instruments, #5)City of Heavenly Fire (The Mortal Instruments, #6)
I've read City of Bones and own City of Ashes and City of Glass, so I just need to find the time. I'm also aware Cassandra Clare's books should be read in a funny order... so it might take time.


Follow me via GoodreadsTwitterBloglovin, and Pinterest.

Feel free to leave a comment.

Comments

  1. I'm the same way with the Inheritance Cycle! Though by now I've forgotten most of the first three books so I would have to re-read before even being able to start the last one. Looking forward to reading The Burning World as well!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, I will probably have to reread the Inheritance Cycle too, before reading the last one. I am looking forward to it, but I just need to find the time. I cannot wait to get my hands on The Burning World!

      Delete
  2. The Next Together looks interesting, I'm intrigued by the past as well as future timelines.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The Next Together is so good! I was thinking about the first book for days after reading it.

      Delete
  3. I love Cassandra Clare's Mortal Instruments books but The Infernal Devices are my favorites! Lady Midnight was amazing as well.

    My Top Ten

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm hoping to read all of Cassandra Clare's books eventually, but I'm aware there is a funny order to reading them so I'll need to look into that too.

      Delete
  4. I almost did this topic too. There's so many series that I'm behind on. :( I read the first book in The Selection series and the Mortal Instruments series and never continued them! Oops!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think a lot people did this topic this week by the looks of it. I can honestly say that this list barely scratches the surface when it comes to series I need to finish.

      Delete
  5. This was my Top Ten for today too. I'm so terrible at finishing series. The Selection and Sherlock Holmes are unfinished for me, too. But I have so many that they didn't even make my list.
    Olivia @ Fluttering Pages

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think a lot of people done this one today! Hopefully we can finish all our series eventually.

      Delete
  6. I still need to read the Crown in the Selection series. COHF in the TMI series is freaking amazing by the way!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Looks like we're both in the same boat when it comes to The Selection. And I look forward to eventually getting around to COHF too now! You have me excited!

      Delete
  7. These are all such great series! One of my big goals this year (and last) is to finish more of the series I start so I'm hoping I can get through several this year. The only one I don't think I will finish is the TMI series. I gave up on it a few years ago and feel like I'd have to start over to finish it.
    Thanks so much for stopping by my TTT :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! That is also an "unofficial" goal of mine. I've not actually stated that I'm aiming to do it, but I have set up a spreadsheet to help me keep track. That's unfortunate that you gave up on TMI.

      Delete
  8. I need to read the next book in The Next Together duology! I hope you love these books. :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I can't wait to read it either! Definitely a priority after COYER is finished.

      Delete
  9. What a list! And so many awesome books on it. I hope you enjoy them all :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I'm keeping my fingers crossed any way.

      Delete
  10. This is why I rarely read series. It's too big of a commitment. Good luck in getting to all these books!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I just can't help myself when it comes to series! I just love seeing the same characters over and over again.

      Delete
  11. I am stuck in the Cassandra Clare limbo with The Mortal Instruments series. I also read up to City of Glass but haven't read City of Fallen Angels or started Clockwork Angel. Series struggles haha

    Sam @ a thousand times over

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hopefully we can both get caught up soon!

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Feature and Follow (29 May)

The Feature & Follow is hosted by TWO hosts, Parajunkee of  Parajunkee’s View  and Alison of  Alison Can Read . Each host will have their own Feature Blog and this way it’ll allow us to show off more new blogs! I'm one of the featured blogs this week! Along with Amanda of  The Darling Bookworm . This week’s Question: How many books have you got on your TBR list? I recently had a bit of a cull of my TBR list so now it is sitting at 269. I'm trying my hardest to get it below 200 by the end of the year but I really don't see it happening. I'd currently be happy if I managed to get it below 225. However, I did recently have a look through my TBR on Goodreads and deleted a few books that I don't think I will actually ever read - I'm not even to sure how they got there anyway. Follow me via  Goodreads ,  Facebook ,  Bloglovin  and  Pinterest  and also via email to myexpandingbookshelf@gmail.com.  Feel free to leave a comment.

Top Ten Tuesday: Books I'd Want on a Desert Island (27 July 2021)

        Top Ten Tuesday is a weekly meme hosted by  That Artsy Reader Girl . This week's topic is books I'd want with me whilst stranded on a desert island. I've decided to split this into my favourite books that I'd want to reread and the longest books I still have on my TBR as I'd get the chance to attempt to read them if I was stuck on a deser island.

Top Ten Tuesday: Books I'm Looking Forward to in 2017

Top Ten Tuesday is a weekly meme hosted by  The Broke and The Bookish . This week's topic is five books I'm looking forward to in the first half of 2017. Only five because I'm rubbish at planning ahead when it come to new releases.