Skip to main content

The Sunday Post (22 January)


The Sunday Post is a weekly meme hosted by Kimberly of Caffeinated Book Reviewer. It’s a chance to share news. A post to recap the past week on your blog and showcase books and things we have received. Share news about what is coming up on our blog for the week ahead.

So, it has been a slow reading week this week, but in other parts of my life it has been so hectic! I've just been so busy this week. From helping my mum finally clean out and tidy the pantry cupboard to helping my cousin organise my auntie's hen party. I feel I've been non-stop. And who knew hen party's were so big! I can tell that trying to keep track of payments is going to be tricky. Luckily, we set up a Google spreadsheet to help us. I also started a Coding Course, so I'm hoping that will help with any future blog redesigns.

I also bought myself a new laptop and external hard drive this week, finally. The desktop computer I was using for most of my blogging is now ten years old and I don't think it's going to last much longer. For one, Google Chrome doesn't work properly on it anymore. And my old University laptop was nicked by my parents when theirs broke. So it was definitely time for an upgrade and I'm loving my new laptop so far. And I'm adamant that  nobody else will ever find out my password! Cause I ain't sharing again!

Last Week on the Blog


This Week on the Blog

Monday - ARC Review: Norse Mythology, Neil Gaiman
Tuesday - Top Ten Tuesday: Freebie Week
Wednesday - Book Review: Being Jamie Baker (Jamie Baker #1), Kelly Oram
Thursday - Book Review: Odd and the Frost Giants, Neil Gaiman

What I Read Last  Week

Cruel Crown (Red Queen, #0.1-#0.2)

Coyer Reads

Cruel Crown (Red Queen, #0.1-#0.2)

Currently Reading

Anna KareninaThe Boy Most Likely To

What I Plan to Read This Week

You Know Me WellHookedMotocross Me

Book Haul

Zilch this week!


Follow me via GoodreadsTwitterBloglovin, and Pinterest.

Feel free to leave a comment.

Comments

  1. Sounds like you got a lot done! 😊Hopefully mire reading next week 😜I loved Red Queen! I should finish tge series!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I can already tell I'm going to get so much more reading done this week. I really enjoyed Red Queen too, however Cruel Crown kind of fell a bit flat for me. I still want to read the rest of the series though.

      Delete
  2. Wow! You sure had a busy week! Glad you bought a new laptop! I might need to buy me a new laptop myself!

    Here’s my Sunday Post!

    Ronyell @ Rabbit Ears Book Blog and join in this week’s Book Photo Sundays!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yep! Very busy! I'm so glad I finally bought one to and it's so great blogging on it now instead of a really old and slow desktop.

      Delete
  3. Keep those passwords ha ha! And yay for the new computer. I've been really curious about Gaiman's book on Norse mythology so I'll definitely have to tune in for your thoughts on that one.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh I will haha! Norse Mythology was good, I didn't know much about the Norse Myths before I read it so I definitely learnt a lot.

      Delete
  4. Computer sharing SUCKS! (Hashtag personal experience XD) I have only read Red Queen, but I wasn't too surprised with the plot twist since I totally predicted that and it was so wholly unoriginal. :/ And I am so excited for Norse Mythology! I don't know anything about Norse myths and legends, so maybe it is time! :)
    Prabhleen @ Booksarelife987

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It definitely sucks! Hopefully the sharing has ended. I liked Red Queen, however I didn't find Cruel Crown that great, but it is sort-of a sequel so I'm definitely still going to read Glass Sword. Norse Mythology was good too. I didn't know anything about the Norse myths either, but I learnt a lot reading it.

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Feature and Follow (29 May)

The Feature & Follow is hosted by TWO hosts, Parajunkee of  Parajunkee’s View  and Alison of  Alison Can Read . Each host will have their own Feature Blog and this way it’ll allow us to show off more new blogs! I'm one of the featured blogs this week! Along with Amanda of  The Darling Bookworm . This week’s Question: How many books have you got on your TBR list? I recently had a bit of a cull of my TBR list so now it is sitting at 269. I'm trying my hardest to get it below 200 by the end of the year but I really don't see it happening. I'd currently be happy if I managed to get it below 225. However, I did recently have a look through my TBR on Goodreads and deleted a few books that I don't think I will actually ever read - I'm not even to sure how they got there anyway. Follow me via  Goodreads ,  Facebook ,  Bloglovin  and  Pinterest  and also via email to myexpandingbookshelf@gmail.com.  Feel free to leave a comment.

Top Ten Tuesday: Books I'm Looking Forward to in 2017

Top Ten Tuesday is a weekly meme hosted by  The Broke and The Bookish . This week's topic is five books I'm looking forward to in the first half of 2017. Only five because I'm rubbish at planning ahead when it come to new releases.

Top Ten Tuesday: Books I Wish Had More Pages

Top Ten Tuesday is a weekly meme hosted by  The Broke and The Bookish . This week's topic is ten books I wish had more X in them... so I'm going to go with ten books I wish had more pages. Basically, books I could have just carried on reading.