Skip to main content

2016 End of Year Survey



The End of Year Book Survey was created by Jamie @ The Perpetual Page-Turner and it's a fantastic way to recap your reading and blogging over the year.

2016 Reading Stats

Number Of Books You Read: 87
Number of Re-Reads: 10
Genre You Read The Most From: Well according to my stats on Goodreads, it was Young Adult followed closely by Romance.

Best in Books

1. Best Book You Read in 2016?
It's so hard to narrow it down, but I'm going to go with
Darkly Dreaming Dexter (Dexter, #1)Paper ButterfliesFrostblood (Frostblood Saga, #1)

2. Book You Were Excited About & Thought You Were Going To Love More But Didn’t?
The Hundred Lies of Lizzie Lovett
I DNF'ed this one about halfway through. It just wasn't what I was expecting

3. Most surprising (in a good way or bad way) book you read?  
Stealing Snow (Stealing Snow, #1)
After seeing a lot of negative reviews, I was dreading this one, but I actually quite enjoyed it.

4. Book You “Pushed” The Most People To Read (And They Did)?
I don't really know. I don't tend to actively push books at people.

5. Best series you started in 2016? Best Sequel of 2016? Best Series Ender of 2016?
I started a lot of series this year, but didn't actually get around to many sequels or series enders so this is tricky.
Sequel/Series Ender
The Flame Never Dies (The Stars Never Rise, #2)

6. Favourite new author you discovered in 2016?
Jeff LindsaySarah J. MaasElly BlakeRyan Ringbloom

7. Best book from a genre you don’t typically read/was out of your comfort zone?
Thriller/Mystery
Mr Mercedes (Bill Hodges Trilogy, #1)

8. Most action-packed/thrilling/unputdownable book of the year?
Frostblood (Frostblood Saga, #1)

9. Book You Read In 2016 That You Are Most Likely To Re-Read Next Year?
Frostblood (Frostblood Saga, #1)

10. Favorite cover of a book you read in 2016?
Frostblood (Frostblood Saga, #1)
(...can you tell I really loved Frostblood?)

11. Most memorable character of 2016?
Asking For It
Probably Emma, her story just made such an impact

12. Most beautifully written book read in 2016?
What Light
Just because it's so damn Christmassy

13. Most Thought-Provoking/Life-Changing Book of 2016?
Not If I See You First

14. Book you can’t believe you waited UNTIL 2016 to finally read? 
There were what felt like hundreds, but I'll go for...
A Court of Thorns and Roses (A Court of Thorns and Roses, #1)

15. Favorite Passage/Quote From A Book You Read In 2016?
"Remember this: Nothing is written in the stars. Not these stars, nor any others. No One controls your destiny" - Wicked, Gregory Maguire
"Life is a crap carnival with shit prizes" - Mr Mercedes, Stephen King


16.Shortest & Longest Book You Read In 2016?
Another Together (A Next Together short story)The Rose Petal Beach

17. Book That Shocked You The Most
Paper ButterfliesAsking For It

18. OTP OF THE YEAR (you will go down with this ship!)
A Court of Thorns and Roses (A Court of Thorns and Roses, #1)Nevernight (The Nevernight Chronicle, #1)The Two-Night One-Night Stand

19. Favorite Non-Romantic Relationship Of The Year
The Cuckoo's Calling (Cormoran Strike, #1)

20. Favorite Book You Read in 2016 From An Author You’ve Read Previously
Flawed

21. Best Book You Read In 2016 That You Read Based SOLELY On A Recommendation From Somebody Else/Peer Pressure:
A Court of Thorns and Roses (A Court of Thorns and Roses, #1)

22. Newest fictional crush from a book you read in 2016?
The Two-Night One-Night StandA Court of Thorns and Roses (A Court of Thorns and Roses, #1)Darkly Dreaming Dexter (Dexter, #1)Frostblood (Frostblood Saga, #1)

23. Best 2016 debut you read?
Frostblood (Frostblood Saga, #1)

24. Best Worldbuilding/Most Vivid Setting You Read This Year?
Frostblood (Frostblood Saga, #1)Nevernight (The Nevernight Chronicle, #1)A Court of Thorns and Roses (A Court of Thorns and Roses, #1)

25. Book That Put A Smile On Your Face/Was The Most FUN To Read?
The Two-Night One-Night Stand

26. Book That Made You Cry Or Nearly Cry in 2016?
Paper Butterflies

27. Hidden Gem Of The Year?
Crossing the Ice (Ice #1)

28. Book That Crushed Your Soul?
Paper Butterflies

29. Most Unique Book You Read In 2016?
The Next Together (The Next Together #1)

30. Book That Made You The Most Mad (doesn’t necessarily mean you didn’t like it)?
Asking For It

Your Blogging/Bookish Life

1. New favorite book blog you discovered in 2016?
A Fools Ingenuity and Molly's Book Nook to name only two

2. Favorite review that you wrote in 2016?
I'm really not sure... I'm not a fan of my own writing

3. Best discussion/non-review post you had on your blog?
Well, the one with the most views was The Problem With My Local Library

4. Best event that you participated in (author signings, festivals, virtual events, memes, etc.)?
Top Ten Tuesday - such a great way to get recommendations

5. Best moment of bookish/blogging life in 2016?
Reaching my first blogoversary (I didn't expect to last so long) and meeting so many great people

6. Most challenging thing about blogging or your reading life this year?
Keeping going (especially during the summer months when things were going on)

7. Most Popular Post This Year On Your Blog (whether it be by comments or views)?
By comments, it is the recent Top Ten Tuesday post - New To Me Authors

8. Post You Wished Got A Little More Love?
Well my review with the least views is my one of Buster so a few more views would have been nice cause it's a good book

9. Best bookish discover (book related sites, book stores, etc.)?
Probably Litsy, you can find me @myexpandingbookshelf

10.  Did you complete any reading challenges or goals that you had set for yourself at the beginning of this year?
Yes! I completely smashed my Goodreads goal this year! I had a target of 65 books and I read 87! I also did fairly well on various other challenges I set myself this year.

Looking Ahead

1. One Book You Didn’t Get To In 2016 But Will Be Your Number 1 Priority in 2017?
This Savage Song (Monsters of Verity, #1)

2. Book You Are Most Anticipating For 2017 (non-debut)?
The Burning World  (Warm Bodies, #3)

3. 2017 Debut You Are Most Anticipating?
I'm rubbish at keeping up at debuts so I have no idea!

4. Series Ending/A Sequel You Are Most Anticipating in 2017?
The Burning World  (Warm Bodies, #3)Blank 133x176

5. One Thing You Hope To Accomplish Or Do In Your Reading/Blogging Life In 2017?
Properly design my blog and learn a bit of coding along the way - it's just not as pretty as I want my blog to be

6. A 2017 Release You’ve Already Read & Recommend To Everyone:
Frostblood (Frostblood Saga, #1)


Follow me via GoodreadsTwitterBloglovin, and Pinterest.

Feel free to leave a comment.

Comments

  1. I've kinda wondered about Frost Blood- based on the synopsis- glad to hear it was really good! May have to give that one a shot. Fun survey!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh! Frostblood is definitely worth a read! I was slightly sceptical going in but it was just AMAZING!

      Delete
  2. I need to read so many of these! I have read Darkly Dreaming Dexter and really enjoyed it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just finished the first Dexter book!! It was a lot like the show, which surprised me. And I agree w/ you about Emma from Asking For It. That book was TOUGH. But super memorable. Also, glad to hear about the writing in What Light. That is one of the books I'm super sad I didn't get to in 2016.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've not actually watched Dexter yet, but I'm desperate to one day watch it. Asking For It was probably the toughest book I ever read. I hope you can read What Light soonish.

      Delete
  4. Yaaaaay ACOTAR! The third book is at the TOP of my most anticipated books of 2017 -- I can't WAIT! Also the cover of The Next Together is so unique! I never even heard of that book before, but I'm intrigued.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The third ACOTAR is pretty close to the top of my anticipated books too! And I haven't even read the second book yet haha! The Next Together is such a good read, I hope you give it a go.

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Feature and Follow (29 May)

The Feature & Follow is hosted by TWO hosts, Parajunkee of  Parajunkee’s View  and Alison of  Alison Can Read . Each host will have their own Feature Blog and this way it’ll allow us to show off more new blogs! I'm one of the featured blogs this week! Along with Amanda of  The Darling Bookworm . This week’s Question: How many books have you got on your TBR list? I recently had a bit of a cull of my TBR list so now it is sitting at 269. I'm trying my hardest to get it below 200 by the end of the year but I really don't see it happening. I'd currently be happy if I managed to get it below 225. However, I did recently have a look through my TBR on Goodreads and deleted a few books that I don't think I will actually ever read - I'm not even to sure how they got there anyway. Follow me via  Goodreads ,  Facebook ,  Bloglovin  and  Pinterest  and also via email to myexpandingbookshelf@gmail.com.  Feel free to leave a comment.

Top Ten Tuesday: Books I'm Looking Forward to in 2017

Top Ten Tuesday is a weekly meme hosted by  The Broke and The Bookish . This week's topic is five books I'm looking forward to in the first half of 2017. Only five because I'm rubbish at planning ahead when it come to new releases.

Top Ten Tuesday: Books I'd Want on a Desert Island (27 July 2021)

        Top Ten Tuesday is a weekly meme hosted by  That Artsy Reader Girl . This week's topic is books I'd want with me whilst stranded on a desert island. I've decided to split this into my favourite books that I'd want to reread and the longest books I still have on my TBR as I'd get the chance to attempt to read them if I was stuck on a deser island.