Skip to main content

Book Review: Soul Crossed (Of Demons and Angels #1), Lisa Gail Green

Soul Crossed (Of Demons and Angels #1)

Title: Soul Crossed
Series: Angels and Demons #1
Author: Lisa Gail Green
Published: 25/02/2015, Full Fathom Five Digital
Pages: 294
Source: Netgalley
Format: Ebook
Rating: 4/5
One Demon. One Angel. On Soul.
Josh lived a reckless, selfish life, so upon his death, escaping the eternal torments of Hell by assuming the role of a powerful, soul-corrupting demon is an easy choice. His first soul assignment doesn't seem too hard: the mortal Camden is already obsessed with weapons, pain, and torture. If only Josh wasn't distracted by Cam's beautiful friend, Grace.
Grace never expected to die violently at age sixteen, but now she's an Angel, responsible for saving a soul. She can already see past Camden's earthly flaws, so the job should be easy. If only that handsome, playboy Josh would stop getting in the way.
It's forbidden for an Angel to be with a Demon, so if Josh and Grace stop resisting each other, the results would be disastrous.
And only one can claim Cam's soul.

Soul Crossed was a fantastic read that I just could not bring myself to put down. Sure, it has its faults but books are rarely faultless. I've never read a book about both angels and demons (I don't think), but I can definitely see myself reading more after this. I will say though, I went into Soul Crossed expecting a nice, easy and fun read, however, parts of this book were horrific!

I liked Josh and Grace far more than I expected to. Grace is just an all-round nice girl. She is the definition of an angel, so of course she becomes one. I actually found her quite adorable, even though she can be a bit naive at times. Josh is really your typical bad boy with a heart. He acts tough, but he really does not belong as a demon at all.

On the other hand, Cam is one of the most horrific characters I've ever had to read! He is vile and a complete monster. I struggled to read what he was doing the majority of the time and felt myself skimming some parts just to get past it. He honestly had me questioning why the angels would want him!

Soul Crossed is told from the alternating perspectives of Josh and Grace. It's a great way to show how they adapt to becoming a demon and an angel respectively, as well as how they both attempt to sway Cam. I did find the story a bit predictable, even cliché, at times. However, there were plenty of plot twists along the way, especially at the end, and there was honestly no way anyone could predict what Cam would do next. The ending was action-packed too and very climatic. I just had to keep turning the pages!

The only part of Soul Crossed that annoyed me a bit was the story verged a bit towards insta-love. However, I'm not sure if it was insta-love or just Grace and Josh instinctively recognising each other for what they are and therefore gravitating towards each other (if that makes sense).

I really did enjoy Soul Crossed and could barely put it down. I'd definitely recommend Soul Crossed to fans of YA paranormal fantasy. I'm also definitely going to get my hands on the sequel, Soul Corrupted.




Follow me via GoodreadsTwitterBloglovin, and Pinterest.

Feel free to leave a comment.

Comments

  1. This sounds really good! I've not read a good Angel/Demon story in awhile.

    Carrie @ The Butterfly Reader

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is very good! It's not for everyone, but I definitely enjoyed it. I hope you give it a go.

      Delete
  2. I've been interested in this book for a while but haven't quite decided whether I want to read it or not lol. Instalove is frustrating, but sometimes it works if it's more, like, being drawn to each other than legit love right away. Glad you enjoyed this!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know the feeling! But I'd definitely say it's worth a read, though I do know it's not to everyone's taste.

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Feature and Follow (29 May)

The Feature & Follow is hosted by TWO hosts, Parajunkee of  Parajunkee’s View  and Alison of  Alison Can Read . Each host will have their own Feature Blog and this way it’ll allow us to show off more new blogs! I'm one of the featured blogs this week! Along with Amanda of  The Darling Bookworm . This week’s Question: How many books have you got on your TBR list? I recently had a bit of a cull of my TBR list so now it is sitting at 269. I'm trying my hardest to get it below 200 by the end of the year but I really don't see it happening. I'd currently be happy if I managed to get it below 225. However, I did recently have a look through my TBR on Goodreads and deleted a few books that I don't think I will actually ever read - I'm not even to sure how they got there anyway. Follow me via  Goodreads ,  Facebook ,  Bloglovin  and  Pinterest  and also via email to myexpandingbookshelf@gmail.com.  Feel free to leave a comment.

Top Ten Tuesday: Books I'm Looking Forward to in 2017

Top Ten Tuesday is a weekly meme hosted by  The Broke and The Bookish . This week's topic is five books I'm looking forward to in the first half of 2017. Only five because I'm rubbish at planning ahead when it come to new releases.

Top Ten Tuesday: Books I Wish Had More Pages

Top Ten Tuesday is a weekly meme hosted by  The Broke and The Bookish . This week's topic is ten books I wish had more X in them... so I'm going to go with ten books I wish had more pages. Basically, books I could have just carried on reading.