Skip to main content

The Sunday Post (29 January)


The Sunday Post is a weekly meme hosted by Kimberly of Caffeinated Book Reviewer. It’s a chance to share news. A post to recap the past week on your blog and showcase books and things we have received. Share news about what is coming up on our blog for the week ahead.

So this week has been very intense when it comes to organising weddings! Arrrggghhh! In the next two years I will be a bridesmaid in two weddings - my aunties this summer and my brothers next summer. Between organising a hen party and trying to agree on a style of bridesmaid dress that all the bridesmaids like, I think I'm going to go mad! It also turns out that a lot of people like to butt in with their opinions on things too, especially when it has nothing to do with them. However, at this rate, I'm going to have my own wedding organised in the next 6 months or so. Hahaha! Then, I'd just need to find a man crazy enough to actually marry me.

On Friday night, I went out for a few drinks with my cousin and it was so great having a girly chat with her without all the guy cousins. But, of course, as we're both bridesmaids there was a lot of wedding talk. Then on Saturday, I went out for coffee with my sister-in-law to take my mind off the fact that the brakes had gone on my car! Again, yet more wedding talk.

In reading news, I think I'm possibly in a bit of a reading slump. This is the second week in a row where I haven't actually read very much. I'm keeping my fingers crossed it's just a little dip and that my reading will be fine after all the craziness of organising weddings etc is done with. I also had a little book unhaul on Saturday and got rid of a few books that I don't ever see myself reading again. My bookcases are still jam-packed, however, at least they won't be overflowing for a few weeks.

Last Week on the Blog

This Week on the Blog

Monday - ARC Review: Unf*ck Your Habitat, Rachel Hoffman
Tuesday - Top Ten Tuesday, Picture Books I Own
Thursday - Book Review: Crash, J.A. Henderson

What I Read Last  Week

The Boy Most Likely To

Coyer Reads

The Boy Most Likely To

Currently Reading

Anna KareninaYou Know Me Well

What I Plan to Read This Week

Hooked

Book Haul


Follow me via GoodreadsTwitterBloglovin, and Pinterest.

Feel free to leave a comment.

Comments

  1. I remember what that was like when so many friends and relatives were getting married. I've been a bridesmaid three times and maid of honor once. My sister's wedding in 2009 was the last time and that was the only time I actually enjoyed it because hers was a very relaxed destination wedding and I got to pick what I wore. She is the only bride I know who was so calm even when the groom lost his ring and we had to go to the beach to buy a cheap one for the ceremony! I still think his dog ate it. Hope all goes well with your hen party planning and other details.

    I have Unf*ck Your Habitat for review. I badly need to read it as my apartment is a mess and I'm so disorganized!

    I hope the reading slump ends soon and that you have a great week.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This is the first time I've ever been bridesmaid and I'm really starting to find it quite hectic now - mainly because I like being organised and my auntie is leaving almost everything to the last minute! Wow! I'm surprised anyone could stay calm is a ring was lost!

      I hope you enjoy Unf*ck Your Habitat. I found it quite handy. I think I'm gradually getting out the slump.

      Delete
  2. That sounds like a lot of planning! And I can imagine everyone has an opinion. :) Hope it all goes well. Final Girls looks good!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ywes, so much planning and stress and butting in. I'm keeping my fingers crossed everything runs smoothly. Final Girls was definitely an impulse request but I definitely think it's one I'm going to enjoy.

      Delete
  3. Oh the bridesmaid thing sounds really stressful - particularly if there's a 2yr window! I've been a bridesmaid 3 times (never a bride) and it's not been too bad. The bride's chosen our dresses all 3 times and I've just coughed up the money and gone to fittings in the months before the wedding.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Your experiences don't sound too bad! This is my first time as bridesmaid so I'm a bit thrown-off by it all. Seriously didn't realise there was so much to planning a wedding! It really doesn't help that all the bridesmaids have different body shapes so it's tricky to find a dress that will look nice on all of us too.

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Feature and Follow (29 May)

The Feature & Follow is hosted by TWO hosts, Parajunkee of  Parajunkee’s View  and Alison of  Alison Can Read . Each host will have their own Feature Blog and this way it’ll allow us to show off more new blogs! I'm one of the featured blogs this week! Along with Amanda of  The Darling Bookworm . This week’s Question: How many books have you got on your TBR list? I recently had a bit of a cull of my TBR list so now it is sitting at 269. I'm trying my hardest to get it below 200 by the end of the year but I really don't see it happening. I'd currently be happy if I managed to get it below 225. However, I did recently have a look through my TBR on Goodreads and deleted a few books that I don't think I will actually ever read - I'm not even to sure how they got there anyway. Follow me via  Goodreads ,  Facebook ,  Bloglovin  and  Pinterest  and also via email to myexpandingbookshelf@gmail.com.  Feel free to leave a comment.

Top Ten Tuesday: Books I'm Looking Forward to in 2017

Top Ten Tuesday is a weekly meme hosted by  The Broke and The Bookish . This week's topic is five books I'm looking forward to in the first half of 2017. Only five because I'm rubbish at planning ahead when it come to new releases.

Top Ten Tuesday: Books I'd Want on a Desert Island (27 July 2021)

        Top Ten Tuesday is a weekly meme hosted by  That Artsy Reader Girl . This week's topic is books I'd want with me whilst stranded on a desert island. I've decided to split this into my favourite books that I'd want to reread and the longest books I still have on my TBR as I'd get the chance to attempt to read them if I was stuck on a deser island.